£500m per year for imigrant translators..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SmithsRail, Dec 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/27661/-500m-lost-in-translation

Tax payers are spending in excess of £500m per year to make sure imigrants do not have to learn the English language.. anybody agree that money could POSSIBLY be used somewhere else to benefit this country other than to let people who don't even speak our language come in, with no trade, and then sponge?

comments please.

2. I can feel the outrage brewing already :roll:

3. Give then ALL six months to learn ENGLISH or send them back, especially those working as consultants in the NHS!

4. THAT money could have been used to pay Pensioners and account holder of Company pensions schemes that folded, Bottler Broon vetoed any mor emoney for the Pension lifeboat scheme, this is teh man who destroyed Pension scheme as a Chancellor, yet they are throwing Billions of Taxpayers money at Northern Rock.

Im not voting Labour.

5. I can do the job for half that.

If you speak loud enough, EVERYBODY understands English. And if I put my mind to it, I can speak loud.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I know of a case where a Russian surgeon was employed as a locum to cover for a surgeon who was sick. Turned up in the operating theatre with a Russian/English dictionary and started operating.

The anaesthatist stopped the operation part way through and paged the emergency, on call surgeon to take over as he reckoned the patient's life was at risk.

7. fcuk gagging orders in Basra with Broon, there is so much I ACTUALLY would have said.

8. Emigrate. I'm going to France...

9. Toss pot Brown is also giving the palestinians $500 Million..........

10. Tax payers are spending in excess of £500m per year to make sure imigrants do not have to learn the English language.. anybody agree that money could POSSIBLY be used somewhere else to benefit this country other than to let people who don't even speak our language come in, with no trade, and then sponge?

comments please.
    -------------------------------------------------

Tax payers aren't spending anything :) The Government is spending the funds provided by the tax payer. Sorry to nit pick, but no tax payer can say how or where the money is spent.

Frank

11. Maybe not in the short term. But in the long term the tax payer can decide WHO spends it.

12. If anyone sees an ad for KiSwahili translators, forward it on to me, would you. I bet there're fock-all of the bastards in Northern Ireland and I can negotiate a fockin' enoooooooormous hand-smack for it wid the stupit shits.

Yeeeeeeeh-HaaaaaaH!

13. I'm talking about the concept of it. Do you think it's right that money should be spent on helping people to speak their own langauges instead of maybe learning ours? or even, deporting the cnuts. I've had enough.

14. Tonight's Manchester Evening News echoes this, our city council spent £800,000 translating into 77 languages!

15. Which anaesthatist, which hospital?