£5 coin

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Joe_Private, Jun 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I get £5 notes in change, I tend to just shove them in my pocket, along with the loose change. Is the time right for the introduction into general circulation of a £5 coin? Is it also approaching the time to do away with 1p and 2p pieces, which are probably worth more in scrap value than they are as currency?

2. No.

• Like Like x 2
  3. There already is one, and it's a big fucker.

4. It's been around a long time, but people keep them because they look nice. Like a medal.

5. No, why do you think there is no €5 coin!

6. Too easy to forge

7. I am quite happy about the £5 and see no reason to change just because you want a coin. I am also happy with the 1p and 2p, so I think your idea is pretty shit.

8. Who mentioned Euros? The £5 coins that currently exist are commemorative coins with a nominal face value of £5, and are not in general circulation. The clue was in the words.

9. Are you going to pay to have all my pockets reinforced?

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

No. Too many coins can spoil the cut of ones trousers which is a crime against God and man.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Two £5 coins, five £2 coins, or ten £1 coins, which would be the least weightiest and bulkiest option?

12. Eh? So a tin of beans goes up by 5p a time and penny bubblies see a 500% increase.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 1 x £10 note.
    2 x £5 notes would be nearly as portable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've got enough change in my pocket without bringing out another large coin. Bring back the £1 note.

• Like Like x 1