£45,000 expenses fraud by MoD PA.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, May 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

******* disgraceful. They'll be questioning the exces of day-raters next. Are there no beans that require counting?
  2. No, she ate them.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe she didn't fancy being an MP.
  4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

This is the bit I like:

Tip of the iceberg is a phrase that comes to mind. If you allow this sort of thing anywhere - not just the MOD - people will take the piss. This may have been one of the worst examples, but it may well be going on at a lower level in quite a few other places.

In the multinational I work for, I have to provide receipts for all expenses over £10. My boss is required to sign off my expenses, and in parallel I send of a copy of the receipts. Signing off my expenses is quite a quick job as they're not generally checked in detail, but if necessary someone could retrieve my receipts and verify they're all legit. That's a far more difficult system to fiddle. I can't see anyone fiddling my employers for £45K that easily.

5. Stupid tart shouldve just said her wrists and hands were a bit sore from the relentless typing, cocktail glass lifting and wanks shes given out and let the system lash her up with a multi million pound settlement
  6. 13 months, but don't let your inability to read beyond the headlines stop your outrage.
  7. Why didn't she apologise, pay the money back and then "draw a line under the matter"?
    Isn't that how it's done now?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. My company uses this for all expenses. Mandatory for anyone claiming stuff.

Online Travel & Expense Management | Concur
  9. Sadly, this could well be the tip of the iceberg, particularly as the MOD continues to reduce administrative staff. However, this is not only an MOD problem - I suspect it is widespread across all Government departments, nobly led of course, by our glorious leaders in Westminster.

Oh and ref the perp, may I be the first to say I would.
  10. she must have spent some cash on those squirrel teeth

and besides, they need to concentrate on the true criminals - the bottom of the pile easy targets (pikey scrap nicking squaddies)

i find in life some people blaming others for something are usually doing it themselves, bastard ****** ******* twating office jockey MOD twats, i love you all
  11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

The Civil Service claims system - like ours on JPA - is "self certified" by default. Unless a claim looks odd it will go through. Apparently it saves money........

In a previous job I saw three MOD Snivel Serpents caught out for fiddling T&S claims. Two resigned the day before the disciplinary hearing, the third had the nerve to try to deny and was sacked. But then if you pay these people nothing, this is how they make their money.
  12. Shame they cant check the flexi and the amount of hours certain grades take....or wont!