£3M cost to adapt submarines for females.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Nobby Sapper, Dec 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its been announced that the cost to adapt submarines for females will be £3M.
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to fight sex equality charges in court?

Apparantly extra oxygen supply systems will be available incase they become pregnant onboard, WTF??
    They will have seperate sleeping quarters (torpedos arn't good enough for their splitarses). Clearly extra wardrobe space will be required for their slingbacks etc, a bath and mirror with hairdryers will be needed for mess nights.

Is it me?

Royal Navy submarines to be adapted for women - mirror.co.uk

2. Yes it is you.
    Forget being a Tom.
    You should be a stand up comedian with "original" material like you have there.

3. If it costs so much so be it.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ah well, at least the doughty submariners will be heartened by the knowledge that they are 600 feet below the surface in the most expensive khazi in the MoD :)

5. I don't have a problem with spending £3M to do this.

I reserve the right to have a problem when the project is 11 years late and £47M over budget.

• Like Like x 5
  6. I would love to see it kick off when the split arses have the painters in. Law of averages say that at least one will be in mental mood every week.

7. I agree with the OP, 3M is alot of money for this, what happen's if they can't fill the sub with the allocated ammount of females to make up the crew needed? no doubt they will draft some more blokes in, but where do they sleep if the space they would of used has been converted for chick's?

Was this issue broke?? i don't think so, so why are the MOD trying to fix it? What's next, flying a ranbow flag from the Sub to celebrate gay pride?? whilst we are there, why don't we spend more money by having a transgender crew sleeping area and seperate toilet's.

Aload of shite!!

8. Would it not be cheaper to Sterilise She Sailors before they deploy on Boats or just have an Aqua Vac or Soldering Iron to stop the Foetus inside them getting any bigger once they are up the duff at dive depth 700 feet ?

9. Is £3M a lot? That's less than £300K per boat, which doesn't seem ridiculous to me for converting a nuclear submarine.

10. They could take a tip from the NAZIs and give the bitches an outside toilet. Caused quite a queue once surfaced though:

prien3.jpg

11. Wish somebody would fly you to the fuckin moon.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Manning is the issue..

It has to happen, it isn't sexual equality. We need the bodies in subs - same reason women went to sea in the first place back in the day in the surface fleet. Wasn't a problem when they did, won't be a problem now.

Non story.

• Like Like x 2
  13. It's well documented that groups of women living in close proximity to each other "sync" their cycles, so it's more likely the ship will have one extremely mental week out of every four.

14. Yes all ruled by the moon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Makes more sense than being ruled by a sky pixie ;-)

• Like Like x 1