£36,000,000,000

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fiona_TG, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just on the news, that's the benefits bill for London for 2012. Does that seem like a lot to you? It does to me and makes me wonder where it will all end.

2. Not well, that's for sure.

We're ****ing doomed.

3. Interesting further comment on the news article, average house price across London is now £500,000. London seems like a mad house, no pun intended.

4. Leafy south west london more like £700k!
    Example: 1 bedroom flat SW19 £170k+
    3 bedroom semi-detached near Taunton £170k

5. Agree the prices you mention for the nice parts.

It all seems to be like the capital is becoming some sort of behemoth that works unlike anywhere else in the country. Do other capital cities have this kind of divorce of reality to their regions?

6. Some yes. London however does seem in some respects a nation within a nation.

7. It will end with the country being bankrupted. Only then will some people realise that something for nothing is unsustainable. Equally unsustainable is sixty million plus people in a country the size of England. I do mean England and not the rest of the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The scary thing about this is the last time I was on JSA I got just over £100 a fortnight. So, taking just JSA (I appreciate there are other benefits available but I'm making a point) the amount paid out is equal to 15,000,000 people claiming JSA in the London area.

No wonder we have no Carriers and they are making Soldiers redundant.

9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

"This country is going to the dogs. If we don't stop spending money on chariots and bigger long houses we're****ed"

King Caractacus 47AD

• Like Like x 3
  10. ****ing London. I lived there when I first got out. I hated the place so much that it actually made me ill.

Never EVER again.

11. About 8 million people in London divi up £36,000,000,000 that's about £4,500 each; who's got mine?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ah, for London for the year 2012. We had so much Olympics bollocks last year I've still got "London 2012" ringing in my ears. Wondered how it had caused greater spending on benefits.

13. Felt for the first time today like things were slowly grinding to a halt, as cost cutting makes day to day life increasingly frustrating. Can't explain the feeling, maybe just a hangover.