Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

£330 million sonar contract for Dreadnought submarines

MoD said:
12-34-18-s300_maxresdefault.jpg

Artist's rendering of Dreadnought class submarine
Now, I'm no expert, but isn't that the Astute artists impression recycled, and quite obviously missing the big flat bit in the middle which houses the missile tubes?

Now, I'm no expert, but isn't that the Astute artists impression recycled, and quite obviously missing the big flat bit in the middle which houses the missile tubes?

That is nothing. On the front page of the MOD news site, alongside this week's announcement that a new warhead is to be developed, there was a picture of a surface warship firing a missile....

It's not just the kind that goes "PING", Blackadder...

I hope @dingerr was having a wah.

They do, just in the passive mode rather than active wherever possible. We are saving money on it though by having a mong go mlaaaar instead of paying for a pinger.

So much for secrets...

Technology developed for SSBNs may end up being retrofitted to SSNs.

They do, just in the passive mode rather than active wherever possible. We are saving money on it though by having a mong go mlaaaar instead of paying for a pinger.
Fake News:

We are saving money on it though by having a mong go mlaaaar instead of paying for a Ginger to do it.