£330 million sonar contract for Dreadnought submarines

MoD said:
12-34-18-s300_maxresdefault.jpg

Artist's rendering of Dreadnought class submarine
Now, I'm no expert, but isn't that the Astute artists impression recycled, and quite obviously missing the big flat bit in the middle which houses the missile tubes?

Just_plain_you

War Hero
Now, I'm no expert, but isn't that the Astute artists impression recycled, and quite obviously missing the big flat bit in the middle which houses the missile tubes?
That is astute...

Waste of money, they rarely use sonar.

Going for the U-Boat method of towing them behind in a sort of container.

Yokel

LE
That is nothing. On the front page of the MOD news site, alongside this week's announcement that a new warhead is to be developed, there was a picture of a surface warship firing a missile....

It's not just the kind that goes "PING", Blackadder...
I hope @dingerr was having a wah.

They do, just in the passive mode rather than active wherever possible. We are saving money on it though by having a mong go mlaaaar instead of paying for a pinger.
So much for secrets...

Technology developed for SSBNs may end up being retrofitted to SSNs.

That is nothing. On the front page of the MOD news site, alongside this week's announcement that a new warhead is to be developed, there was a picture of a surface warship firing a missile....

I hope @dingerr was having a wah.

So much for secrets...

Technology developed for SSBNs may end up being retrofitted to SSNs.
It's okay, we don't reveal the specific variety of Mong used.

You won't see it retrofitted onto A Boats, they don't have space for the mong pen and associated drool catcher assemblies.

They do, just in the passive mode rather than active wherever possible. We are saving money on it though by having a mong go mlaaaar instead of paying for a pinger.
Fake News:

We are saving money on it though by having a mong go mlaaaar instead of paying for a Ginger to do it.

Latest Threads