£3.8Bn or £2.5m

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MrTracey, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No, it is not fair for the Navy to be given the equipment they need to do their job.

Make sure that you raise the point at RTMC Chilwell when you mobilise to provide VFM for all of the MTDs you have claimed over the years.

2. C1 me mate.
  3. msr

msr LE

RN Aircraft carrier last used in anger...?

TA soldier last used in anger...?

4. No aircraft carrier, no task force. No task force, no indiginous ability of power projection, no NGS.

And who would you rather trust? Fleet Air Arm or Crabfat?!
  5. Both should be properly funded, it's not fair for either to be underfunded.
  6. msr

msr LE

No aircraft carrier - no significant attrition of insurgency.

Sorry, I would rather have boots on the ground.

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Interesting to see the drawings imply no angled deck.

8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Anyone with serviceable ac in the right place at the right time in sufficient quantity with the right capability ... on occasions FAA [my alma mater] on others RAF ["Mummy"].

We do not need inter-departmental wittering ... both parts of the air power projection equation are necessary. I'm delighted the RN will get its ships, and I hope they get the ac and aircrew to equip them. Oh, yes, and the ASW and AD assets to protect them. Some sub-contracting may become necessary, but then we all work[ed] for the same Queen. :wink:
  9. TA soldiers will be in service long before CVF - if it ever manages to be brought to birth...By the way, what air component are you envisaging launching from these basilisk like carriers? Hmm, maybe HMS Chimera and HMS Basilisk could be good names for these proposed nay contracted for devices!
  10. its called " offsetting" its all the rage these days, offsetting your mortgage with your savings, offsetting your carbon footprint by planting a few trees and offsetting the cost of a couple of new carriers by cancelling a few ta weekends, im gonna offset the cost of my shopping by not getting the case of 24 cans of stella out of the trolley when i hit the checkout.
  11. Constantly.

Having (ideally 3, the government have ordered the minimum we can get by with, and for literally pence more we could have gotten 100,000 ton ships instead) fleet carriers is an absolute requirement for power projection.

This has been an urgent operational requirement since Wilson cancelled CVA-01 in 1966, and it's finally being resolved, by simply buying what we should have bought 40 years ago.

As Andrew Lambert said; "when the individual armed forces fight, only the Treasury wins" (when each of the three services sucessfully lobbied for the reduction of the other two in the 1966 White Paper).
  12. msr

msr LE

Used in anger, not posing off some third world country...?
  13. That's it's use, the ship can not fly over the country, your thinking of star trek.
  14. god.. beam me up scotty