£23m to give dads text tips on how to bring up children

HERE

This is London said:
£23m to give dads text tips on how to bring up their children

Text help: Fathers to get alerts on how to bring up their children
Fathers are to be sent tips by text message and email on bringing up their children.

Ministers hope the £23million scheme will appeal to men because it uses "father-friendly" technology such as phones, electronic organisers and instant messaging.

They will be encouraged to seek advice on ensuring children do not become obese and improving grades at school.

A further £10.5million will be spent on telephone helplines offering parenting advice.

The newly launched schemes are aimed at fathers and other groups who "may struggle to find the help they need". These include the parents of disabled children, those living in deprived areas and ethnic minority groups.

The £23million will be ploughed into a Parent Know How innovation fund over three years.

It aims to "engage" with parents using text messaging, email, messaging software such as MSN and Yahoo! Messenger and social networking websites. The scheme will attempt to ape the popularity of the site mumsnet.com which has 300,000 members. The grant funding for telephone helplines runs from 2008 to 2011.

The Department for Children, Schools and Families cited research which said mothers and fathers wanted input from professional or published sources on parenting issues. Fathers were most likely to want to access it over the Internet.

But ministers have run into trouble in the past after issuing advice to fathers. A £73,000 magazine giving advice to fathers on helping sons through school, which was later shelved, was condemned as patronising.

It contained tips such as "make sure he's got somewhere comfortable to work away from the TV", as "he won't be able to concentrate if he's got his books on his lap in front of his favourite soap".

On trips to the cinema, fathers were urged to ask educational questions such as: "If a film is estimated to make £10million at the box office and the distributor takes 40 per cent, how much will that be?"

Launching the latest initiative, Children and Families Minister Kevin Brennan said: "We want to support those parents who seek help with bringing up their children.

"By improving phone-line support and setting up text messages, instant messages and social networks, we will provide help for parents when it suits them best."
Yet again Liarbour find another way to waste taxpayers money - presumably aimed at chavscum :evil:

B

Biscuits_AB

The bloke who fathered BBCs brat will need that amount of money just to learn how to bring up an alien (and to buy some pies for it's mum)

Most of the blokes who need these fathering tips are probably not that interested in being a real father anyway. They like the kudos of having a child but none of the (extremely) hard work that goes with it.

another waste of money, would be better spent on the armed forces, or almost anything for that matter except sending chavdads text messages.

Dogs bark, cats miaow, Labour taxes and spends, in this case on patronising idiocy. Truly there is nothing new under the sun.

Couple of questions to this revelation. And my sinical answers.

1. Who is going to be on the other end of the phone?
More than likely some lefty lesbian man hater who will just ridducule the bloke but has no idea about kids because she's a sterile spinster.

2. How is texting a bloke going to help his child get better grades and stop them becoming obese?
This means the bloke can spend more time down the pub, get his text and then order the pizza on the way home. Saves him having to go to parent meetings with the local council when he can do it from his own local pub.

3. Use of text messages to engage with a Chav dad.
Ok this will encourage the Chav dad to teach his kids text speak at an earlier age.

4. Wanting to get fathers to spend more time with their kids.
Ok then stop sending us away possible tour, op and strike possible. Look at the NO we cant send troops because we are overstretched button on your computer and have the balls to p*ss Bush off. Ever since they got Busby working for them from BT it hasnt been that Good to talk.

If the silly mugs are willing to hand out cash for doing no more than applying common sense....where do I sign up?

What ever happened to the mandatory beating when kids don't listen to good advise from dads. Bring back the baseball bat.

rockape34 said:
HERE

This is London said:
£23m to give dads text tips on how to bring up their children

Men . . . will be encouraged to seek advice on ensuring children do not become obese
How exactly is this supposed to work? Do men really need to be told that taking their child out for a kickabout is better healthwise that taking them to McDonalds?

Ministers hope the £23million scheme will appeal to men because it uses "father-friendly" technology such as phones, electronic organisers and instant messaging.

What a load of cok. If they want to get their scheme across through a 'father-friendly' medium, why don't they print messages on the bottom of beer mats?

Coincidentally, this year will see (inshallah) the arrival of a baby Dilfor - Dilforina if you will (for t'is a girl you see). I am very interested to know how little I can get away doing with the bairn in the 16 years before she starts bringing fit mates home for me to embarrass myself with - can the government txt me dis pls?

I can only reflect the opinions above.... 'if you need to ask the question then you wont understand the answer'. How can anyone justify the money for this? What is the country coming to? Slowly but surely we are being weened onto total state dependancy.

Why not install a big screen in your house and get someone from the gobmint to tell you how to do everything and how great they are at doing everything in your name.

Dilfor said:

What a load of cok. If they want to get their scheme across through a 'father-friendly' medium, why don't they print messages on the bottom of beer mats?

Coincidentally, this year will see (inshallah) the arrival of a baby Dilfor - Dilforina if you will (for t'is a girl you see). I am very interested to know how little I can get away doing with the bairn in the 16 years before she starts bringing fit mates home for me to embarrass myself with - can the government txt me dis pls?
Congrats Dilfor, sleep less nights are on the way :wink: