£20 Billion for the NHS

So the NHS is going to get £20billion in extra funding which is a brilliant thing, however how many of the senior NHS "Administrators" will see this as an excuse to ramp their pay up and deny front line services needed funds. Call me a sceptical old bastard, but the NHS pisses so much money away and pays stupid wages to people who lets be frank could organise an alcohol binge in a brewery.

So the NHS is going to get £20billion in extra funding which is a brilliant thing, however how many of the senior NHS "Administrators" will see this as an excuse to ramp their pay up and deny front line services needed funds. Call me a sceptical old bastard, but the NHS pisses so much money away and pays stupid wages to people who lets be frank could organise an alcohol binge in a brewery.
It will not just be the senior managers, don't forget all those private suppliers who need to keep their profit and salaries in line with other money grabbing bastards.

I don’t get it.The cash is from a Brexit dividend.If we don’t need to give cash to the eu,why keep borrowing to give to the nhs,what with austerity and all.Apart from already stating it will come from raising taxation,how will the rest be funded?

Massive pay rise for all the managers. New Mercedes all round. Shag all for those at the pointy end of the stick - Drs and Nursies. They will get shafted again, first by the NHS then government . Again. There will be a whole bunch of admin blocks built though. Where are the extra hospital beds to offset all these new houses being built?

I don’t get it.The cash is from a Brexit dividend.If we don’t need to give cash to the eu,why keep borrowing to give to the nhs,what with austerity and all.Apart from already stating it will come from raising taxation,how will the rest be funded?
The opinion of the IFS is that there will be no dividend for the foreseeable future because we will be paying the EU for years ro come.

In this divorce the EU is obviously female.

10 billion to be raised from taxes, but it seems it will be middle earners that will get walloped again, the EU "dividend" will not happen...that is pie in the sky the most we can hope for is walking away break even. However not to turn it into a Brexit debate but how can the NHS use the money wisely, and not paying NHS bosses more is one way, making sure that ambulances are better utilised, education on when it is appropriate to attend A&E and better use of GP's are some ways it could be spent more wisely.

But you can almost guarantee that it will be spent on Focus groups, off setting costs of Medical Tourism etc etc.

Call me a daft lad but that is a shitload of cash and the response seems to be "well yes but we need a lot more". I know that the NHS is a bit under pressure but it cannot be that bad can it?

Nice to see the requirement for the NHS to actually come up with a proper plan though. I hope it includes an element for dealing with the vapours and palpitations of those who finally realise we are actually leaving the EU.

On balance though I am all for spending at home rather than giving cash to the EU even if that will only be a small contribution to the overall amount.

Plus I just dislocated a finger so might need a little TLC for that in due course.

There is no amount of money that will "satisfactorily" fund the NHS while demand is essentially unconstrained.
You can just imagine the SJWs howling about how are we supposed to be the worlds health service and provide free healthcare to anyone around the world, without unconstrained funding ?

Last edited:
What is needed is a proper grown up conversation, not the mud slinging from party to party, on the NHS and have a general agreement on what is needed and what can be afforded

TM PM has linked this to Brexit.

So those that vote against Brexit in the HoL and HoC will have "Voting against NHS Funding increases if there is no Brexit dividend", she is playing a very toxic hand, she is also handing on a more poisonous chalice to her successor

When Conservatives come on the screen and reporters / political talking heads speak "The public are happy to pay extra taxes for NHS funding" - I am not they get enough already

PM TM preparing for the next GE, she lost supporters in the last GE because of her manifesto she is losing Conservatives voters now

Archie

She’d win more votes if the NHS was free at the point of treatment except for those whose illness or injury was the result of alcohol abuse, drug abuse or criminal activity.

*Harumph*

The NHS is in need of fundamental reform. Unfortunately we don't have any politician with the brass balls to stand up and say this because they are so afraid of the flack they will get.

Appreciate that anecdote isn't evidence, but my wife used to work for the NHS and she had 2 team leaders and 4 assistant team leaders, none of whom were needed as they knew exactly what to do and split the workload across the team themselves.

Ah Higher tax's...yet more incentive to work hard and pay more those that can't be arrsed…..

Unfortunately higher command has vetoed emigration !!!!

YM

They are promising an average year on year increase of 3.4%, where historically, expect since 2010, this has averaged at 3.7%.

The government since 2010 has been attempting to strangle the NHS slowly, alongside all other public services, and the forces

Screenshot_20180618-171307.png

Latest Threads