£1bn underspend?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
It was probably originally ringfenced spending and if not spent goes back from whence it came.

E

EScotia

Another selective quote from the same article:

“Unlike in the past, when the MoD routinely overspent, we are now taking a prudent approach to budgeting, with appropriate contingency so that we can plan for the unexpected and order further equipment when we know we can afford it.
“We are only just over half way through the financial year and expect to announce future in-year procurements. We do not anticipate handing any money back to the Treasury,” she said.

“We are only just over half way through the financial year and expect to announce future in-year procurements. We do not anticipate handing any money back to the Treasury,” she said.
They haven't accounted for the Christmas piss up yet then??

Another selective quote from the same article:

“Unlike in the past, when the MoD routinely overspent, we are now taking a prudent approach to budgeting, with appropriate contingency so that we can plan for the unexpected and order further equipment when we know we can afford it.
Sorry - I wasn't intentionally selectively quoting, nor revving up the outrage bus.

Sorry - I wasn't intentionally selectively quoting, nor revving up the outrage bus.
Well put the work ticket and keys back, its still booked out for WALTs this month anyway.

Hmmm, it's the 25 Nov which is to all intents and purposes 8 months since the 1 Apr. 8 from 12 is (by my maths) 2/3 of the way through the financial year and yet the expert chooses to describe that as 'just over half way'. If 2/3 is the same as just over half way it's no wonder we are in this unholy mess.

E

EScotia

"Hmmm, it's the 25 Nov which is to all intents and purposes 8 months since the 1 Apr. 8 from 12 is (by my maths) 2/3 of the way through the financial year and yet the expert chooses to describe that as 'just over half way'. If 2/3 is the same as just over half way it's no wonder we are in this unholy mess".

splitting hairs.jpg

"Hmmm, it's the 25 Nov which is to all intents and purposes 8 months since the 1 Apr. 8 from 12 is (by my maths) 2/3 of the way through the financial year and yet the expert chooses to describe that as 'just over half way'. If 2/3 is the same as just over half way it's no wonder we are in this unholy mess".

View attachment 99073
Well if you think that 6 months is the same thing as 8 months then maybe you too should work for the government? I see a great career within the MOD and/or Treasury beckoning.

If you had worked out how to use the quote button properly your humour would be oh so much better.

E

EScotia

Well if you think that 6 months is the same thing as 8 months then maybe you too should work for the government? I see a great career within the MOD and/or Treasury beckoning.

If you had worked out how to use the quote button properly your humour would be oh so much better.
cock.jpg

Maybe the results were taken from a point 'just over halfway', but only announced a few weeks later?

£1bill... could sort out some nice digs.

Don't worry sport, AT & the 'good ideas brigade' are firmly back on the agenda. The message is spend spend spend before April and if we are nothing else we are experts of converting a surplus into a deficit ^~

It's the ****ing pay they owe me.

dingerr:4749754 said:
It's the ****ing pay they owe me.
Will you get it early at Christmas?

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder how they came up with that figure? I though that using the newly dreamt up Single Integrated Capability Planning List (SICPL - Snappy eh!) to drive the new ABC (never get the same definition from any two people!) process (which is just a way of giving bored MoD warriors 4 times the fun of Planning Round games), we're meant to be able to consume funding in an agile manner such that we shouldn't get to an underspend, especially as we still trying to bring UOR capability into core?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No doubt Big And Expensive will be along to assist with ideas on how to spend 1bn while actually billing us for 1.5bn!

I wonder how they came up with that figure? I though that using the newly dreamt up Single Integrated Capability Planning List (SICPL - Snappy eh!) to drive the new ABC (never get the same definition from any two people!) process (which is just a way of giving bored MoD warriors 4 times the fun of Planning Round games), we're meant to be able to consume funding in an agile manner such that we shouldn't get to an underspend, especially as we still trying to bring UOR capability into core?
You seem to have summed it up quite nicely there although let's not forget that the Minister doesn't like the term SICPL (I wonder why - Sick Pull) so the 'C' is silent ergo SIcPL Single Integrated Priority List (although it's still Capability really otherwise it could be a priority shopping list for Waitrose). Not to mention the fun of the 4 Decision Points of which the first 2 haven't really made any 'decisions' yet (other than not to decide anything) and the 3rd seems to be constantly slipping to the right. And of course we can't actually spend the underspend on anything useful because it will take DE&S 7 years to get anything on contract so it looks like new laptops and better office furniture all round (again). Still at least the really clever idea to disaggregate the HoCs and merge Capability Planning with Delivery in the new Combat Directorates is going really well errrrrrrrrrr hang on. Don't get me started on the envelope work to spend the 'fantasy' £5Bn that we don't and never will have.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
so they could have kept ark royal harrier and nimrod then or a few battalions.