£183 million boost for military helicopter training

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Good to see but will lower the time it takes to train Rotary Military Pilots?
As at the moment some are in holding posts for months waiting on next part of training.

Mölders 1

Clanker
All very nice but you don't me to tell you that there are far too few Transport Helicopters to go around between the 3 Services.

Yokel

LE
All very nice but you don't me to tell you that there are far too few Transport Helicopters to go around between the 3 Services.
What is the expected demand for Support Helicopters and can this be met by Chinook, Puma, Merlin HC3/4, and Wildcat AH1?

The RN does not have enough ASW Merlin HM2 either.

I assume this is a tri service training unit that trains aircrew for all three services in SH, attack, ISTAR, and ASW/ASuW.

Yokel

LE
UK defence rotary strategy - debate coming up

A Westminster Hall debate on ‘UK defence rotary strategy’ has been scheduled for Wednesday 29 January 2020 at 4.30pm. The debate has been initiated by Robert Courts MP.

----

Helicopters (rotary-wing aircraft) are in use across all three services.

The Ministry of Defence’s current strategy for helicopters is predicated on the conclusions of the Defence Rotary Wing Study of 2012, which was commissioned after the 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review.

The publication of sector-specific strategies for surface ships and combat aircraft has prompted several MPs to urge the Ministry of Defence to consider a similar approach for helicopters

Latest Threads