£130 Slush Fund - What should I buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Sangreal, Oct 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For my birthday I was given £130 which I have decided to splash on something frivolous and yet worthwhile - the only problem is that I can't decide what. Mrs Sangreal says that whores are a no-no, not least because they are unlikely to be available on Amazon - my slush fund exists as Amazon vouchers, you see?

So, Arrsers, any ideas?

2. Amazon vouchers?

'Picking Up The Brass'
    'Pull Up A Sandbag'

There's a couple of ideas

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You could boost your feel-good factor by gazzillions and use the money to buy me a Kindle from Amazon. If you want to add the extra £6 or so then the upgraded one would be fine :) :)

4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Amazon Kindle £109.00

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Only the cheapo version :)

6. The Kindle sounds like a possibility actually.

7. but its for old people!

8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

if you read a lot and can't be arsed to keep all your books it's great - if you were going off somewhere sandy I would say it would be fantastic - only thing is that books are between £4 and £8 each - some free stuff, just downloaded The Man Who Would be King - but there are a lot of 2nd hand books on Amazon for under a £1.00. You don't really need the expensive version as long as you can get near a wifi connection.

9. Indeed it's a fantastic way to pass the time while having to watch shitty xfactor etc, my weapon of choice is an m4 carbine. Becarefull of ricochet hitting the Missus tho. Quite funny when the dog eats the bb's and shits them out in the field, saves picking them all up too :) mind you prob need a net If it's an LCD tv

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

if you're posting this in gaming and pc's is that what you're inclining towards? the Alien blu ray set is a good suggestion - just watched the first one and it's like watching a different film - the difference in the details and the colours is jaw dropping.

personally, I have my eye on a new set of Creative T40II's for the PC - the sound quality is meant to be superb. then after that one of the new Saitek RAT gaming mice.