£10,00 SAS Colonels medals on ebay! Who married his mother? Truth or Fiction?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rogue_trader, Dec 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

Just come across an interesting eBay item- BRITISH WW2 POW MEDAL GROUP SAS FR FOREIGN LEGION PPCLI on eBay (end time 19-Dec-10 00:24:02 GMT)

Has anyone heard of Lt. Col. Phillip Kay? I would have thought that someone with that kind of service history would have been a bit of a legend but I can't find his name on Arrse, and google searches only go back to the ebay auction itself, a posting here thePeerage.com - Person Page 34187 which is strange, becuase according to the site he does not have the same surname as his claimed father, and then apparently married his mother? Finally,a really interesting thread on another site, Medals for Sale of a Super Soldier or has it been padded out? where some slightly disturbing kid is claiming the Colonel as his granddad and that someone nicked these medals...

A confusing story. But all originating from Septicland, so who knows what the truth is. In any case its sad to think that some Yank is trying to cash in almost 10 grand on the good name of the SAS.
  2. I'm a little curious as to why such a legendary man does'nt show up on any google searches.
  3. What he married his own mother ?

Chamoooooooone motherfuker hehee
  4. thePeerage.com - Person Page 34187

Philip with one L. Came up on Yahoo search so Google isn't always your friend.

OOPS. Poppy beat me to it. Funny but it didn't come up on Google. It came up on Yahoo with one L but Poppy's site puts two Ls in it.
    Still, shows the first couple of posters need to hone their search skills a little bit.
  5. For the pedantic it was spotted ! what I should've said was I expected more than one hit when googling his name.
  6. So there is a high chance he is made up by some Septic who just wants to cash in on a random old photo he found at a flea market and a bunch of tin pot medals?

Can anyone identify who actually is in the photo?

Did anyone check out the fucked up thread here Medals for Sale of a Super Soldier or has it been padded out? where some strangeo is pretending that this was his grandfather?
  7. "I think it is a level of "walt" that was only possible in pre-internet days......" sums up the comments
  8. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

9. [​IMG]

so who knows the real story? Or is he just Jim Shotts best buddy?