*^&$%£?ing Freeview

RBMK

War Hero
The latest Freeview channel update has just rendered my Freeview HD box useless. after the recent retune I've now lost over 35 channels including all the HD channels.

I should mention that I have a relatively old TV in the man cave which gets the HD signal through a cheap "Manhattan" HD box. It's worked fine until the latest retune.

I've been told that we will need a new ariel and I'll also have to replace the HD box.

What a fvcking con!

endure

GCM
Have you got reasonable broadband and an HDMI socket on your TV? Might be worth considering a Roku stick instead.

Freeview retunes are a pain in the hole. Slight hijack: I'm sick to death of my Humax YouView box. Freezes all the time, and the outrageously complicated procedure yo get into the reset menu no longer works.

Can anyone recommend a Freeview HD recorder that isn't a massive pile of shit?

OP: unless you live in an area with marginal reception, decent aerials aren't too dear. 40 clams or less. TOP TIP: buy decent coax, not the shit that local electrical shops sell off a big roll. It makes all the difference.

RBMK

War Hero
We have decent co-ax plus a signal booster, and we live at top of a hill in a good signal area!

Freeview retunes are a pain in the hole. Slight hijack: I'm sick to death of my Humax YouView box. Freezes all the time, and the outrageously complicated procedure yo get into the reset menu no longer works.

Can anyone recommend a Freeview HD recorder that isn't a massive pile of shit?

OP: unless you live in an area with marginal reception, decent aerials aren't too dear. 40 clams or less. TOP TIP: buy decent coax, not the shit that local electrical shops sell off a big roll. It makes all the difference.
Roku stick

RBMK

War Hero
TV is too old to have a network connection, that's why I'm using a HD box.
HD box has a connection but limited functionality. The TV is an old Toshiba 32", which works fine and is great in the man cave but has been replaced by a shiny new Samsung in the living room.

I'm looking for a cheap new HD box instead.

endure

GCM
TV is too old to have a network connection, that's why I'm using a HD box.
HD box has a connection but limited functionality. The TV is an old Toshiba 32", which works fine and is great in the man cave but has been replaced by a shiny new Samsung in the living room.

I'm looking for a cheap new HD box instead.

The TV doesn't need a network connection. It only needs an HDMI socket which you plug the Roku into. You then plug the network into the other side of the Roku stick which has all sorts of channels available for free. It has UK TV Player or whatever it's called which is basically Freeview. It will also play Amazon Prime if you have that.

endure

GCM
Have you called the advice line? You may find they’ll get it done for free for you. Important changes to Freeview

I've retuned but I'm still missing some channels. What do I do?
Carrying out a full retune on your Freeview TV or box should restore your channels.
Watch our handy videos which explain how to retune some popular makes of TV in our Help section.
Watch retuning videos
However, in some cases you may need a new aerial to continue watching all available services.
For more information or help with this call the Freeview Advice Line on Freephone 0808 100 0288. You may be eligible for free in-home support, including aerial work if needed.
Please make sure you are in front of your TV and can access your remote control when you call.

System Reset Re-Tune

Unplug box from mains, unplug aerial. Wait 5 mins

Power-On: Do Full retune

Power-Off, plug aerial in. Wait 5 mins

Power-On: Do Full retune

Worked?

endure

GCM

morsk

LE
The latest Freeview channel update has just rendered my Freeview HD box useless. after the recent retune I've now lost over 35 channels including all the HD channels.

I should mention that I have a relatively old TV in the man cave which gets the HD signal through a cheap "Manhattan" HD box. It's worked fine until the latest retune.

I've been told that we will need a new ariel and I'll also have to replace the HD box.

What a fvcking con!
Take up Croquet. Its only TV. No one has died.

anglo

LE

What a fvcking con!
I bought a freesat box for £40 and a satellite dish off eBay for £25 and
enough single sat cable to connect my televisions up
the LNB on the dish as connections for 6 TVs
Bang the dish on the wall, align same, connect to boxe/s
job jobbed

Latest Threads