‘We want to talk to the Taliban. But they would rather kill themselves

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by UKForcesAfghanistan, Aug 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Control of Kandahar is key to withdrawal from Afghanistan. But the coming US offensive there will be a bloody one, writes Kim Sengupta, The Independent.

Read more here
  2. Talk is cheap..... alas explosives seem to be cheaper.

Along with deluded fools who will voluntarily wear suicide vests.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So, to win this thing, all we have to do is turn up with cups of tea, biccies and sofas and ask for a chat, and it's Taliban exploding to death all over the place . . . .
  4. And the Fighters who said that were the ones who sit over the safty of the Pakistan border urging everyone ese to go and fight while they "Plan things"... probably.
  5. Hey, they aren't getting the virgins are they? Everyone makes sacrifices.
  6. The '72 Virgins' for every Terri Taliban have been rounded up and deported.......
  7. I myself would love to talk to the Taliban.... "Would you like a blindfold and a cigarette before your execution" would seem most appropriate.
  8. Why should the Taliban talk to the British,they´re leaving anyway and know they have only to bide their time untill the Yanks follow, tail between their legs as they normally do when they´ve realised that after thousands of useless deaths Joe Public has got tired of pumping billions into cow sh*t.
    There´s no dialogue between the Muslim groups themselves,the more `reasonable`ones that deplore death and want a peacefull co-existence with the rest of the world have no ear in the extremist world,the zealots don´t want anything to do with them either so why should they want to talk with soldiers who are on the way out.
    Killing another couple of thousand Taliban isn´t a bad idea but I suspect that it won´t take much time untill the vacuum is filled,maybe not in Kandahar but there´s lots of space in Afghanistan to be filled.
  9. More to the point, do we have anything worth saying? Wanting to talk is all very well but if there's nothing we're saying that interests the Taliban then there's no point.

We either start saying something worthwhile or stop pretending that we're interested in talking.
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

No I'm sorry I'm, still firmly of the opinion we should give it a short sharp burst of instant sunshine.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Agreed - and we could sell it to world opinion as an accelerated national improvement programme without a word of a lie.
  12. Agreed, I watched an Al Jazeera program the other day where an Afghan Journalist was speaking, he confirmed that the Taliban would not talk until ALL foreign troops had left Afghanistan, they were content to wait! In his (the journalists) opinion the Taliban will retake control as soon as this happens as they had after the Russians left!!!
  13. Setting up a huge base, or increasing the fortifications on an existing huge one such as Kandahar airbase, including robotic sentry guns and a wide minefield, is the way to go. Be certain also to set up a number of very big flagpoles with large colourful flags on them; doesn't really matter what the flags are (I'd suggest the Viking Raven and the Skull and Crossbones as a few) as long as they're really visible. What you're aiming for is to get them convinced that this is the absolute heart of darkness where the infidels all are.

In fact, what you're doing is giving the morons somewhere nice and convenient to come and die. They've proved that they're easily that stupid; providing what is in effect several hundred acres of Futurama suicide booth simply lets all the thickies take themselves out of the gene-pool quietly and cleanly without being any problem to anybody, and let's be brutally honest about this, the gene-pool down that way needs a bit of chlorine right about now.

The other thing to do is work on the robotic killing systems a bit more. Sooner or later we're going to get embroiled in a war with a seriously large number of third-world morons, and it would be very nice to have a way of wiping them out wholesale which doesn't pave the desert with trinitite glass that glows in the dark.
  14. Ah-Hah! You are Peter Dow, escaped from the Hole, and I claim my £5.