Tilting at Windmills

Author Rating:
Average User Rating:
  • Author:
    Patrick Benham-Crosswell
    This short book by Patrick Benham-Crosswell touts itself as intending "to present relevant information clearly and unambiguously" to help make a rational decision with regards the EU debate. I shall state now, that I am undecided as to which way to vote, in fact I'm pretty much apathetic about the outcome as I see the issue as complex and that there are benefits and drawbacks from being a EU member.

I think it's fair to say that the author is very firmly in the Exit camp, The content of the book is all slewed heavily towards the current rhetoric of the Exit campaign. I can't think of any advantage of being in the EU being emphasised or proposed. If there is a pro EU subtle side to his argument, then it's far too subtle for me to pick up on.

There are plenty of footnotes to justify the points raised but the reference is often to Wikipedia pages.

The author seems of the opinion that trade will be fine as the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU.

The Author has a blog in which we discussed a variety of things from the EU, various political viewpoints and the military. Paddy B-C's Blog

I'm not entirely sure that all the various aspects of the current EU debate can be summarised into 50 pages and this author proves that.

On the plus side it's only £2.99 on Amazon so it's not going to break the bank, however I don't feel it's going to influence anybody a great deal.

Those already thinking of voting out will merely nod their heads at the wisdom and foresight of the book whilst those in the stay campaign will discard as propaganda. For those undecided, it will just add to the doubt over which way to vote.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!