Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great British Seaside

The Great British Seaside

Author
The National Maritime Museum Greenwich.
ARRSE Rating
3.5 Mushroom Heads
Featuring works by some of Britain’s best-loved photographers – Tony Ray-Jones, David Hurn, Martin Parr, and Simon Roberts – this book explores our changing relationship with the seaside over the last six decades and holds up a critical and affectionate mirror to a much-loved and quintessentially British experience.

Published to accompany the 2018 National Maritime Museum exhibition The Great British Seaside: Photography from the 1960s to the Present, this book showcases over 100 photographs, including material from each of the photographers’ archival collections, newly commissioned works, and never-before-seen images.

A jolly coffee table book which brought back memories for me, just where had I seen it before? Well it was in the Gift Shoppe of Southend on Sea Pier ( the longest in the world).

There are some smashing images in the book and I guess it must be one for the purest photographer. Its well edited and produced and if you live near a seaside resort I bet you will find some pictures of it here. It reminds me of a book that you would find in a family run tea and cake shop. I dont think it will appeal to hordes of people but it will make a good souvenir if a relative or friend is moving abroad.

Amazon product
Author
sirbhp
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from sirbhp

Share this resource