The Great British Seaside

The Great British Seaside

Author
The National Maritime Museum Greenwich.
ARRSE Rating
3.5 Mushroom Heads
Featuring works by some of Britain’s best-loved photographers – Tony Ray-Jones, David Hurn, Martin Parr, and Simon Roberts – this book explores our changing relationship with the seaside over the last six decades and holds up a critical and affectionate mirror to a much-loved and quintessentially British experience.

Published to accompany the 2018 National Maritime Museum exhibition The Great British Seaside: Photography from the 1960s to the Present, this book showcases over 100 photographs, including material from each of the photographers’ archival collections, newly commissioned works, and never-before-seen images.

A jolly coffee table book which brought back memories for me, just where had I seen it before? Well it was in the Gift Shoppe of Southend on Sea Pier ( the longest in the world).

There are some smashing images in the book and I guess it must be one for the purest photographer. Its well edited and produced and if you live near a seaside resort I bet you will find some pictures of it here. It reminds me of a book that you would find in a family run tea and cake shop. I dont think it will appeal to hordes of people but it will make a good souvenir if a relative or friend is moving abroad.

Author
sirbhp
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from sirbhp