Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Battle of Trafalgar

The Battle of Trafalgar

Author
Floridian Richter & Peter Dennis
ARRSE Rating
3 Mushroom Heads
One of twelve booklets released by Helion to introduce wargaming to the beginner or novice. This book is A4 sized, 48 pages of paper cut-outs of every ship involved in the Battle of Trafalgar (79 in total).

It also includes bases, flags, wrecks and 2 sheets of building instructions plus downloadable rules from the paper soldier section of the Helion website.

On first glance, I thought "this has got to be a gimmick" however, I was quite surprised as to the level of detail the two authors had gone into. There is even an index of ship's flags; indicating what flags were flown and on what mast, for each ship.

For the novice wargamer, this is a good introduction. Not everyone's cup of tea but useful for those who want to dip their toe in the water.

I feel a page or two of instruction would have been useful, plus a pocket history of the actual battle. I also feel that pictures of the main characters and or ships would have helped.

Overall Mark - 3 out of 5

Published by Helion & Company, www.Helion.co.uk
ISBN 978-1-912174-81-2

Smeggers
Author
Smeggers
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Smeggers