ARRSE Rating
3 Mushroom Heads
Resource Review by Smeghead
S&S Models
Address:
22 Briar Close, Burnham on sea, Somerset, TA8 1HU
Telephone: +44 1278 780193. email: sales@sandsmodels.com
(All photos courtesy of S & S models)
SS-CMP-HUP-8-copy-2.jpg SS-Karrier-K6-3-2.jpg SS-Diamond-T-2-2.jpg SS-CMP-WRECKER-NWE-5-1.jpg SS-Albion-FT15N-3-2.jpg

S and S models look to be an interesting prospect as far as small scale models are concerned. The scales the deal with are 15mm, 20mm (1/72), 28mm & 1/43. They are a small company, holding very little stock, but turning around orders from three to eight weeks with their made to order service. All of the home made models are a combination of resin and white metal. They do sell a range of plastic kits from a variety of well known suppliers.

The website is divided into various headings including; 20mm ww2 allied vehicles, 20mm ww2 axis vehicles, weapons, backpacks, figures, battlefield clutter etc. Each heading takes the reader to another set of headings, highlighting the products. The website is very easy to negotiate, making ordering products a pleasure not a chore.

I own several of the WW2 Allied Trucks from S and S and the first thing I will say, is they are a bit basic! The Karrier K6 for instance comprised of one truck in a single moulding and four wheels, complete with tyres and mudguards. Personally, I wouldn't call them a kit. Detail on the moulding is generally good, but there is a necessity to have the filler handy as there are quite a few bubble holes.

Service from S and S is generally good, but don't rely too much on their deliveries making it in three weeks, it's normally nearer eight and sometimes, a gentle reminder e-mail is required.
They accept all major credit cards and PayPal.

Overall rating: Okay for a one off but better options are available, 3 out of 5

Smeggers
Author
smeg-head
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from smeg-head