QI - 1,423 Facts To Bowl You Over

Author Rating:
3.5/5,
Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • Author:
    The QI Elves
    We approach that time of year when I receive many books which can only be classed as Christmas Stocking Fillers and this book is no exception. Please don’t look at that as a negative comment, far from it, I have had much enjoyment from so-called stocking-fillers (books I mean before you lot jump in!!!!)

Now to the book, 1,423 Facts from the QI Team. It is what it says on the cover. However, there is more to it than that. The start of the book has some “Operating Instructions” which explain that if you take one of the facts given in the book, you can find out the background and source of the fact from their website.

For instance, on page 9 there is a fact which states that the average person has sex 5,778 times in their lifetime. Now I don’t know about you but I have never kept count; however the QI website asks you to put in the page number and there are links to the source of information. In this case the link takes one to Huffpost UK of 6 October 2016 which states “A new study has revealed the average Brit has sex a total of 5,778 times before they die.” The Huffpost does not give its source for the information but the page does give out a lot of other ‘facts’ such as the average Briton will spend £66,732 on alcohol in their lifetime – so there must be a lot of lightweights out there!

We digress. Some of the brighter among you will have realised that the book contains 1,423 facts, each linked to page on t’interweb with loads more information. If you have a boring relative staying with you at Christmas, buy them this book and lend them your laptop; that should keep them occupied and out of your way for quite some time. You may not be able to get rid of them though as 1,423 facst is quite a lot to get through in one sitting.

Anyway, not your average general knowledge book and worth a punt if you are one of these people who just love interesting, or should that be Quite Interesting, facts.

3.5 Mr MRHs for entertainment value.
CanteenCowboy likes this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. BugsyIV
    If it's as good as the book of general ignorance it might be worth a punt.