Pointe Du Hoc.

Pointe Du Hoc.

Author
Tim Saunders.
ARRSE Rating
5 Mushroom Heads
The storming of Pointe Du Hoc by Colonel James Rudders 2nd Ranger Battalion is undoubtably one of the most singularity impressive feats of arms on a day repleat with them.

To stand on the moonscape of the heavily cratered site, studded with immense concrete blockhouses, and then gaze over the 100 foot high crumbling cliffs, is to finally understand just how incredible the action was.

This book is one of Pen and Sword's huge Battleground series. Tim Saunders has done a wonderful job of winding back the events and succinctly covering the formation, training, and creed of the Rangers. He then examines from the opposite side the construction of the site, the troops defending it, and the weapons at their disposal.

I enjoyed the book immensely. My only regret is that I didn’t get a chance to read it before I visited the site last year. I have no hesitation in awarding a well deserved five mushroom heads. I read it in three sittings, it would have been one but .... well, work and all that.

The action is dealt with in minute detail, but is still broad enough to place the action within the greater canvas of the whole operation to assault and hold Omaha beach.

Author
JINGO
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from JINGO