Mountain Equipment Arclight Neoshell Jacket Aw13 Cayenne

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • I was donated this jacket to review by our very own @Trekitt from hooligan central. I have used it quite a bit and it is certainly windproof, though as for the real test, rain, well I've not got a scobby-do as we have our own micro-climate here, so bugger all rain whilst on my training tabs. I will update further once I'm on the Way, so wait out!

A bit about it:

A classic lightweight design that harnesses the superb breathability, weatherproofing and stretch of Polartec Neoshell.
    This could be the perfect shell for fast moving trips through the hills. The simple design offers all the benefits of POLARTEC® Neoshell®. An ideal choice for multi-day ski tours or apline activity, through steep terrain and rapidly changing conditions.
    FEATURES AND BENEFITS
    • POLARTEC® Neoshell® fabric; weatherproof, stretchy and exceptionally breathable
    • Mountain Hood is fully adjustable
    • New Alpine fit with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
    • Storm Construction techniques used throughout
    • 2-way YKK® moulded Aquaguard® centre front zip
    • 2 large pockets with YKK® moulded Aquaguard® zips
    • 2-way YKK® WR underarm pit zips with laminated and bonded entry
    • Adjustable cuffs and hem drawcords

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Rod924
    OK, finally used in real anger. It's had the pishing rain of Good Friday from Edale to Crowden as well as driving sleet/snow trying to leave Dufton. It also had a bloody fierce headwind going towards High Cup Nick.

Did it do what it was suppose to? Totally. Windproof, waterproof and excellent ventilation zips.
    Worth the price tag? Yes. It is not cheap at all at the original price of £220, but as with all items, you can pick them up much discounted if you look.
    Colour? Brilliant for the hills, not so for every day apparel, but that is my opinion.
    Would I buy other kit from Mountain Equipment? Absolutely
      Grim_Squeaker85 likes this.
  2. Grim_Squeaker85
    Rod..... You foolishly after Ravers job as resident gear nabbing wallah?

Look forward to the updates as it looks seriously tidy that jacket and doss bag.
      Rod924 likes this.