ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Living Death

Author Rating:
4/5,
  • Author:
    Graham Masterton.
    The girl who teetered out of the doorway was exactly who they were looking for...

DS Katie Maguire and her team are stretched to their limit. A gang of dognappers is terrorising Cork. The city's drug trade is at an all time high. Now they have a missing girl to find too – and all in the glare of the media spotlight.

As Katie closes in on the truth, she realises that the three cases might be connected, but with every second she spends investigating, the clock ticks on for the missing girl, trapped in a living death...

This is a fast paced morbidly horrific tales of country life in Cork City, Eire. I cannot recall a book that so revolted me and yet made me morbidly carry on reading . I won't say too much as it would spoil the plot but I can say that I would not want to live in the mind of Graham Masterson or in the job of Katie Maguire!

I have read another of the series when a number of nuns were being murdered horrifically and this follows overworked Katie and her team jugging a number of cases and court appearances. The description of the villains is so vivid that i could see Dr Mengle playing a part in the plot.

There's a couple of sections which were designed to be read with one hand if you get my drift but overall a fantastic heart and soul wrenching book. If you like your crime raw you have come to the right place . If you don't want to have nightmares, don't read it in bed - you have been warned!

Four mushroom-heads

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. sirbhp
    sorry about the spellings not having a great time this week .