Kelly Kettle

Author Rating:
Average User Rating:
  • Couple of years ago the Evil Bitch Queen From Hades inexplicably bought me a really useful piece of kit - a Kelly Kettle.

Kelly KettleĀ® - Original & Best | Camping equipment | Camping gear | Survival kit - Home

Its a cross between a water heater and a cooker. Looks like a cut-down fire extinguisher and is a bit too big to manpack. The idea is that you can use any available source of flame - twigs, dung, hexy, and the larger size will bring 1.6 litres of water to a boil in 3-5 minutes. This can be done with two hexy blocks, so its very fuel efficient.

There is a gizmo that lets you put a pot / frying pan on top so you can cook at the same time as boil water.I've used it on ex a couple of times and it does work. I'd think i would be a very welcome addition to a remote FOB where cooking fuel is scarce, or packed in a vehicle read for use by the brew bitch.

Boils water quickly, very fuel efficient, good piece of kit.
happybonzo likes this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. happybonzo
    We use one about 3 or more times a week when we're working in the Woodlands. It gets carried in the truck but I wouldn't want to carry one in a pack: Too bulky for that.
    I bought the aluminium model; in hindsight, I should have bought the stainless steel one as they are more robust.
    If you get one, take the time to have a bit of practise lighting it and you'll soon find what will light and burn easily.