Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Kelly Kettle

Couple of years ago the Evil Bitch Queen From Hades inexplicably bought me a really useful piece of kit - a Kelly Kettle.

Kelly Kettle® - Original & Best | Camping equipment | Camping gear | Survival kit - Home

Its a cross between a water heater and a cooker. Looks like a cut-down fire extinguisher and is a bit too big to manpack. The idea is that you can use any available source of flame - twigs, dung, hexy, and the larger size will bring 1.6 litres of water to a boil in 3-5 minutes. This can be done with two hexy blocks, so its very fuel efficient.

There is a gizmo that lets you put a pot / frying pan on top so you can cook at the same time as boil water.I've used it on ex a couple of times and it does work. I'd think i would be a very welcome addition to a remote FOB where cooking fuel is scarce, or packed in a vehicle read for use by the brew bitch.

Boils water quickly, very fuel efficient, good piece of kit.
Author
Bravo_Bravo
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Share this resource