Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centurion

Centurion

Author
Robert Jackson
ARRSE Rating
4 Mushroom Heads
A bit of a Curate's Egg this one.
This is a modellers handbook for the Centurion; it's quite a slim volume about the size of an Osprey book, with a lot of illustrations of both the tank and various models available for it.

The illustrations in the main are black and white photographs, with a number of colour plates showing various colour schemes/variants of the tank. While these are good some are a bit bizarre, a picture of a Foden cannon in the AA role for instance, and some Israeli jets spring to mind. There is also one picture I am fairly sure is a Chieftan and not a Centurion.

It covers the tank's development in a very brief chapter and its service with Britsh forces is similarly treated. The majority of the book covers its service abroad, which is a bit odd but I am guessing is aimed at the model making side of things.

There is a section on the various kits available on the market, although the way firms and lines come and go I cannot vouch for how accurate it is. The last two sections on the book cover AVRE modifications and the final one is a brief history of it in combat.

All in all for the general reader I'd give it a 3.5, for a modeller or enthusiast a 4.

Author
Helm
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Helm

Share this resource