Alpkit - Brukit

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Tags:
  • After shed loads of pondering, researching and asking on here, I decided to buy this bit of kit. At £35 it really packs a punch and whilst I can't compare it to a Jetboil or MSR, I am more than impressed with the design, quality, ignition and power.

The cup takes a litre of water and will get to a rolling boil in 5m 28s. It uses 100g or 230g canisters and The Range is the store to go to because they flog them at £2.99.

Let's see how it does next week eh? Here is their description:

BruKit is an integrated grab and go cooking system requiring minimal setup where everything you need can be contained in a single pot.

Think of all those occasions where you have had to make do with a stewed Thermos and think how much better it would be if you could have quickly made a fresh brew or nutritious soup for your lunch. Keep one in the back of your Landy, take one to the river bank or become the envy of your mates on your building site this winter with a mug of piping hot Earl Grey!

This closed system gives a fast boil time thanks to a built in heat exchanger and windshield which makes sure heat goes into your food rather than into outerspace. With this greater efficiency you can go further and carry less. BruKit excels at heating water fast and rehydrating dried food, a dream come true for anyone setting out on their DofE expedition. A neoprene pot cosy can be left on the pot during cooking making it easier to handle the pot and keep your meal warmer longer.

Heat and eat it is that simple. With a built in Piezo ignitor you don't been need to carry a box of matches. No messing around with separate components this is an all-in-one stove system that gives you a complete cooking system. Just add a gas canister and cook!
    • 1500 W
    • Food will stay warmer longer thanks to a neoprene pot cosy which also makes it easier to handle the pot when warm
    • A large gas control knob is easy to adjust, even with gloved hands
    • Built in windshield and heat exchanger
    • Sealable silicone lid with drinking slot
    • Detachable rubberised stainless steel handles
    • Integrated piezo ignition means you don't have to worry about getting your matches wet
    • Perfect capacity for 2 hungry people
    • Volume indicators on the inside of the cooking vessel make measuring out quantities easier
    • Compact design - the burner and a gas canister can fit inside
    • Fast and efficient boil time, great for melting snow in the winter
    • The BruKit comes with a mesh storage bag
    • Hard anodised aluminium
    • Butt welded
Grim_Squeaker85 and DeltaDog like this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Rod924
    Post walk thoughts.

Used first thing in the morning, once by the A66 subway for a brew and most evenings. Used one canister in the 14 days and the ignition system worked first time, every time. No issue with some very cold frost filled mornings nor operating in the wind.

A niggle is separating the canister from the cooker when trying to assemble. At times that was a pain in the Arrse as you ended up having an all out scrap with the two until finally pulling them apart. If you were cold and wet, well you may find yourself hoofing it ala Jonny Wilkinson (obv without the ridiculous pre hoof routine)

For such a long trip, I would say this is too bulky and also too heavy and would opt for the Koro if I was setting off again. That said, for day trips or if you work outdoors, it is a cracking bit of kit for the money, no question. But I would keep the canister separate and fill the void with your brew kit and Hobnobs.
  2. DeltaDog
    Did an Indian wire your house?
    1. Rod924
      No, but he obviously assembled the phone and left minimum cable in order to maximise profits @DeltaDog
      Rod924, Mar 31, 2015
  3. BuggerAll
    I have a JetBoil and its a cracking piece of kit but it cost £100 or so. This looks like a similar beast and at £35 its very competitive on price. Unless it falls to bits on you after a couple of uses it looks like they're onto a winner.
      Rod924 likes this.
    1. Rod924
      I agree - If it does go tits-up a jolly stern email shall be dispatched to my contact at Alpkit.
      Rod924, Mar 31, 2015
    2. Arkanstigger
      The lads at Alpkit tend to be pretty good at their product testing. I've had one of their down sleeping bags and their version of a thermarest for nearly 10years and they're still in good nick. IIRC they had some issues with the first gamma head torch but were good on sorting people out with replacements.
      Arkanstigger, Mar 31, 2015