Phil the Greek
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The look on Aunty Betty's face says it all really.
Known for putting his foot in it with crass, thoughtless, insulting, non PC comments (that are usually very funny). For example...
- In 2002, he asked an aborigine whether he was "still throwing spears".
- On a State visit to China in 1986, he told British students: "If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed."
- As dole queues grew in 1981, he said: "Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."
- On another occasion he asked a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea: 'You managed not to get eaten, then?"
- Speaking to a driving instructor in Oban, Scotland, he asked: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?"
- Once, he asked a Kenyan dancer during a State visit: "You are a woman, aren't you?"
- In 2002, after the Queen asked Stephen Menary (a teenage army cadet who was blinded in an IRA bombing) how much sight he had left, the Duke of Edinburgh responded: "Not a lot, judging by the tie he's wearing".
Arrse discussion what a top bloke he is here