Jump to navigation Jump to search
Physical Training Instructor
The Myth (from the Army website)
- Trained to have a working knowledge of how the body works, the principles of physical training and be able to conduct all types of fitness training and testing.
- With the introduction of Army Health Trainer, PTIs are able to advise/point soldiers to the relevant authority, on a number of issues, ranging from diet and nutrition, smoking to sexual health.
- Working with the Unit APTCI in order to construct training programmes tailored to the Unit's requirements and role in Operational theatres.
- Organising competitions, sporting events, PT lessons and other health related matters.
- Looking DAMN good whilst doing it.
Famous quotes from PTIs include:
- 10 times round my beautiful body, go!
- No pain - no gain.
- You're in your own time now.
- Pain is weakness leaving the body.
- You call them calves? These are calves!
- Stop whinging... you're supposed to bleed.
- I do this circuit before your scratchin' your balls in the morning.
- Just once more round the circuit.
- Breaking into double time.
- That's no hill, just get up it!
- I know a shortcut.
- Press-up position, down.
- Pain is only a sensation and sensations are there to be enjoyed!
|For the PTIs of the Women’s Auxiliary Balloon Corps, filling out the Ron Hills was never problematic|