Friends (TV Programme)
Utterly dire American TV show much beloved of the female of the species. Something to do with a bunch of 30-something “friends” that… actually it’s so bad that I can’t be bothered. Just read this:
A typical episode:
- Actor enters room - HUGE applause and whoops lasting five minutes.
- Another actor enters the room - As above.
- First actor looks at the other and says “Hey! You rock!” - Even bigger applause and whoops.
- Second actor replies “Yeah” - 12 minutes of audience laughter, whooping and clapping reminiscent of mercury-induced mental illness.
- Other actors enter and say much the same thing - As above.
- Finally, a short and solemn “lesson about life” speech that would (almost) embarrass Steve Wright in its childlike simplicity - Lots of Kermit the Frog nodding and strokey beard.
- Credits - Extended applause and whooping.
In all the script takes up about 3 minutes and the applause and whooping fill in the rest of the time.