The British Military Open Encyclopedia - ARRSE-Pedia. Back to British Army Rumour Service Home
Glamorgan Barracks, Duisburg were built in 1936/37, although the plans for the barracks were drawn up in the 1920's which is why the design of the buildings differs from other 1930 style military buildings. The barracks were renamed when British Forces took over after the Second World War.
The last elements of BAOR left Duisburg in 1993, little changed until 2004, most Blocks survived but were not in a good condition having been used as a Refugee Camp and a "Trash and Treasure" market.
In 2004 the barracks were demolished to build a Business Park and Flats on the site.