- 04-07-2012, 13:51 #11
Hopefully all this wonderful technology will help me to find my car keys.
- 04-07-2012, 14:25 #12If you are an ex-serviceman or woman who wants to network mutual commercial interests, you can PM me for an invite to join the new ARRSE Business Group.
- 09-07-2012, 12:52 #13
Just when I thought that my vital work here was done... some are now claiming that the boson is work of the Devil, Satan's dust, such discoveries are a sin etc. Others are claiming that it's gods magic or jesus said "behold the LHC for it is my fathers toy"...or something like that!
Collide a christian and a muslim together at the speed of light and see what happens...
- 09-07-2012, 12:58 #143; 2; 1; Firing NOW.........
3; 2; 1; Firing NOW ........
FFS Pass me the bloody matches.
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!
- 09-07-2012, 13:17 #15
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- 09-07-2012, 13:24 #16
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943
"I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last the year."
- Chief Business Editor, Prentice Hall, 1957
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their
- Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless."
"Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop."
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary
"The world is coming to an end. Please log orff."
- Posix 2.1.1 System Shutdown Message
"640k is enough for anyone, and by the way, what's a network?"
- William Gates III, President of Microsoft Corporation, 1984.
Rodney2qIn the career of glory one gains many things; the gout and medals, a pension and rheumatism....all of these fatigues experienced in your youth, you pay for when you grow old. Because one has suffered in years gone by, it is necessary to suffer more, which does not seem exactly fair.
Elzear Blaze - The Military Life
- 09-07-2012, 14:39 #17"As we moved slowly through the outskirts of the town we passed row after row of little grey slum houses running at right angles to the embankment. At the back of one of the houses a young woman was kneeling on the stones, poking a stick up the leaden waste-pipe which ran from the sink inside and which I suppose was blocked. I had time to see everything about her - her sacking apron, her clumsy clogs, her arms reddened by the cold. She looked up as the train passed, and I was almost near enough to catch her eye." Orwell, The Road to Wigan Pier
- 09-07-2012, 14:52 #18
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
Them international subnuclear physicists must be fucking as thick as fucking mince. I mean if you are looking for a particle which is responsible for mass then why build a fuck off huge tunnel through half of France and most of Switzerland with absolutely fuck all inside it?
If you are looking for something responsible for mass then a huge artificial vacuum is a shit place to start and is well expensive.
If it were my experiment I would have saved billions by looking for the Higgs Lardon inside a Big Mac, or by accellerating hot pies at lazy bastard American kids!
- 21-07-2012, 12:54 #19
- 21-07-2012, 13:15 #20