- 07-05-2012, 20:19 #11921
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- In the Highlands, miles from civilisation. Close to a pie shop
The remake of the Dambusters was being filmed on a lower budget than expected as well as some changes to the story lineIt is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up,
As true today as in 1320.
- 07-05-2012, 20:37 #11922No sooner did we form into teams than we were re-organised.
I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet every situation by re-organising and what a wonderful method it is for giving the illusion of progress whilst only producing confusion, inefficiency & demoralisation.
PETRONIUS AD 66
- 07-05-2012, 20:42 #11923
Samantha Cameron Truffle Re-supply"As we moved slowly through the outskirts of the town we passed row after row of little grey slum houses running at right angles to the embankment. At the back of one of the houses a young woman was kneeling on the stones, poking a stick up the leaden waste-pipe which ran from the sink inside and which I suppose was blocked. I had time to see everything about her - her sacking apron, her clumsy clogs, her arms reddened by the cold. She looked up as the train passed, and I was almost near enough to catch her eye." Orwell, The Road to Wigan Pier
- 07-05-2012, 21:28 #11924
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
Fucking sexism, why cant I change the tyre this time?
- 08-05-2012, 08:25 #11925We should remember the tremendous contribution of the Queen Mother to the war effort:
As the BBC pointed out, she 'bravely remained in London beside her husband' during the war.
This contrasts sharply with the actions of my grandfather who, on the declaration of war immediately left his wife and children and pissed off, first to France, then North Africa, Italy, France (again) and finally Germany.
The shame will always be with us.
- 08-05-2012, 08:49 #11926
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
- At the join of 4 map sheets
Fitted for, but not with, engines:
It was like that when I got here.
If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.
- 08-05-2012, 14:09 #11927
- 08-05-2012, 14:21 #11928
Wonder Woman, the early years.'Error of judgement, driver not negligent'. CO's verdict after I mated a Bedford RL with an Austin Champ.
- 08-05-2012, 14:34 #11929
HEAD on hospital bed to visitor: " And you think YOU have problems, I'm havin' all me feckin teeth out tomorrow"'Error of judgement, driver not negligent'. CO's verdict after I mated a Bedford RL with an Austin Champ.
- 08-05-2012, 14:40 #11930
- By Unknown_Quantity in forum Weapons, Equipment & RationsReplies: 12Last Post: 13-06-2005, 01:35
- By Muttley in forum GunnersReplies: 21Last Post: 29-05-2005, 10:54
- By copey in forum The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes BackReplies: 10Last Post: 14-05-2005, 22:18
- By in forum The ARRSE HoleReplies: 27Last Post: 11-02-2003, 11:50