- 28-02-2012, 16:14 #21
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
- In front of the fire, wearing slippers with a brew at hand.
This phenomenon is not new. As a young soldier many many moons ago, I wore my headdress with the badge over the left ear.
Mind you I was serving in The Royal Scots then and really, it was de rigueur with the Tam o' Shanter and Glengarry!"Patience is counting down without blasting off."
- 28-02-2012, 16:14 #22
- 28-02-2012, 16:14 #23
- 28-02-2012, 16:15 #24
- 28-02-2012, 16:15 #25
because traditionally we all wore berets with precision!
wouldn't have happened in my day walt!!!!!!!!
- 28-02-2012, 16:16 #26
- 28-02-2012, 16:16 #27
- Join Date
- May 2009
Its either worn correctly or is isn't. If the powers that be dont enforce the rules, this is what happens.
How would people drive their cars if they knew they would NEVER be stopped for a motoring offence, Id be attempting to reverse all the way there just for larfs. Just once.
- 28-02-2012, 16:17 #28The memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.
"What is this, some sort of Quaker thing? You f*ck my husband to death and bring me a quiche?"
Brenda Chenowith (Rachel Griffiths) in Six Feet Under
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."
"A tank is a massive bit of kit".
Claire McNaughton, Military Advisor to the Salisbury Journal in her column, dated 8 August 2013.
- 28-02-2012, 16:20 #29
Every time I pulled my beret forwards, edged my badge around a bit more, made sure my JHW came down nearly to my knees, wore a windproof instead of a "normal" combat jacket etc etc I knew that somewhere, some wanker with nothing better to do was one step closer to having a massive thrombo.You're on thin f-ucking ice my pedigree chums, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now, f-uck off.
- 28-02-2012, 16:20 #30
On a bright note, i know of a Mercian CSM who was attached to the rifles for a tour with aload of his bods. They soon wished they were chosen men and began to adopt Rifles traits. This all came to head with a rather funny rant by said Mercian CSM stating that his blokes arn't "chippy Rifles mongs" to the extent of asking one of his blokes why he wasnt wearing twisties as he was about to go on patrol.
Redcoats....too many chiefs, not enough indians
- By Fatty in forum The Intelligence CellReplies: 76Last Post: 09-12-2010, 14:58
- By no1cares in forum The ARRSE HoleReplies: 48Last Post: 22-08-2006, 10:59
- By india-juliet in forum The Intelligence CellReplies: 2Last Post: 20-01-2006, 11:13
- By Baldrick66 in forum The NAAFI BarReplies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2005, 11:03
- By the-rsm in forum RLCReplies: 3Last Post: 26-03-2005, 19:35