- 14-02-2011, 15:15 #11
If a misguided, murderous gobshite from the so called ONH (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) or indeed one of their friends in the ‘Rea IRA’ or ‘CIRA’ (same small bunch for the most part I hear) were to take advantage of this or a situation in Hoywood... or where similar security levels have dropped, and god forbid some poor squaddies are injured / worse... there will be serious questions asked. And not of the junior ranks. The evil intent in a small minority has not gone away you know!
- 14-02-2011, 16:45 #12
- Join Date
- Jan 2005
I recall in the very early 70's that a large number of Prod girls were invited to discos there,with few security checks.Many marriages resulted.You know who you are!''God wanted to be a Sapper-Lo,and it was done!''
- 14-02-2011, 16:49 #13
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- 14-02-2011, 16:54 #14
Only 5mins down the road, drop the wife off to earn some extra money.
- 14-02-2011, 17:10 #15
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- 25 Kliks West of Army Nick Fortress Camoludunum on A12 towards Londinium UK
wow... ain't that a surprise....... It had me coughing in me coffee..... found out at last..... what will squaddies get up to next??Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity .....
"Socialisms is like catching a dose of Political Klap - the misery is in sharing the common treatment, Bleach and the Wire Brush!"
Drunken Fools Have Wide Ears and Long Tongues
Bone Idle hands make a man Benefits Dependent, but diligent hands bring wealth - then the Thieving Banksters & Tax Man rob you...
Currently still a Hero & Warrior of this nation - well so Matron tells me!!
- 14-02-2011, 17:14 #16
3 questions -
1) Did he perchance meet her in the Coachman's in Bangor?
2) Is the Dog Show still on in the NAAFI on a Sunday night?
3) Does the butt wall of the 30m range still see as many knee tremblers as it used to in 82/83?Traffic copper to Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, 1943: "Don't drive so fast sir, you might kill somebody".
Harris: "Young man, I kill thousands of people every night".
Mr. Golden makes exceedingly good showers!
Andrew Rayson - Anointed recipient of the Peter Adamson Memorial Shield for Swimming Instructor of the Year 2009 with Blue Riband for Amateur Photography.
Taxi for LCPL Grantham!
- 14-02-2011, 17:59 #17
Security's crap so I'm going to have my husband's full name, unit and photograph printed in a local paper? Stupid fucking whore.
I would though, if she wants to get her own back on him.
- 14-02-2011, 18:03 #18
- 14-02-2011, 18:25 #19
So things would seem not to have changed since I was there '68-69. Mind you, that was just before the Troubles started.
The Sunday evening NAAFI dances were unforgettable - by 18:00, there'd be loads of women queueing up outside the barracks waiting to get in. It may have been their only chance of ensnaring a bloke as they apparently outnumbered men 3-1 in Northern Ireland in those days. Fights between girls over some bloke broke out at the dances every few minutes. I actually had 3 girls on the go at the same time while I was there - two in Holywood and one in Belfast; but I'm aware that this is almost certainly not a record!Politics is the business of getting power and privilege without possessing merit. A politician is anyone who asks individuals to surrender part of their liberty - their power and privilege - to state, Masses, Mankind, Planet Earth or whatever. This state, those masses, that mankind and the planet will then be run by ........ politicians. (P J O'Rourke)
"The Royal Swaziland Air Force overflew the ceremony. It was piloted by Captain Jannie de Freitas." (Will L B Bogard)
- 14-02-2011, 18:50 #20
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- By Mr_Wimpy in forum The NAAFI BarReplies: 28Last Post: 14-01-2011, 20:03
- By lanky in forum The Intelligence CellReplies: 67Last Post: 28-03-2008, 07:59
- By socialhandgrenade247 in forum The Intelligence CellReplies: 2Last Post: 17-03-2008, 15:40
- By still21inmymind in forum Gaming and SoftwareReplies: 2Last Post: 27-12-2007, 02:18
- By TangoZeroAlpha in forum Current Affairs, News and AnalysisReplies: 7Last Post: 24-02-2006, 20:19