SPECIAL ORDER, NO. 6.
1. Tomorrow the Tank Corps will have the chance for which it has been waiting for many months, to operate on good going in the van of the battle.
2. All that hard work and ingenuity can achieve has been done in the way of preparation.
3. It remains for unit commanders and for tank crews to complete the work by judgment and pluck in the battle itself.
4. In the light of past experience I leave the good name of the corps with great confidence in your hands.
5. I propose leading the attack of the Centre Division.
Commanding Tank Corps.
"November 19, 1917."
let us drink a toast to all those brave men who have passed to the Green Fields and to all the Tankies past and present