1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Wishing dead people happy birthday?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vampireuk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. vampireuk

vampireuk Clanker

Is this a recent trend or have I just being lucky so far, I've started to notice that some of the cretins on my Facebook account are starting to wish a happy birthday to people who have died. Today someone is celebrating the 50th birthday of someone who has fucking snuffed it. And then of course they get all arsey with me when I point out their beloved is not going to receive their message.
  2. PrinceAlbert

PrinceAlbert

I normally go out and have a few beers. No need to post it on FaceArse.
  3. theoriginalphantom

theoriginalphantom Clanker MiA (Donor)

I've had to be all polite and say "Happy Birthday" and such bollox to people I wish dead, does that count?
    (Not on faceache though)
  4. Markintime

Markintime Clanker Supporter - ADC

Maybe it's to do with other family members and friends who knew the one who karked it? Still remembering dead people's birthdays is nothing new, we've been doing it for 2,011 years now. Like PA I also tend to go out and have a few sherbs.
  5. GoodIdeaAtTheTime

GoodIdeaAtTheTime Crow

I couldn't agree more, every sodding year: "Happy birthday dear Jesus, happy birthday to you".

2011 years later I think it's time to get over it and move on.
  6. The13thDukeOfWybourne

The13thDukeOfWybourne Clanker MiA (Donor)

Merry Christmas Jesus.
  7. cernunnos

cernunnos Clanker MiA (Donor)

Happy birthday General "Gentleman Johhny" Burgoyne, you fucking useless twat!
  8. CivvyPete

CivvyPete Clanker

This is a bad trend - just go to any graveyard that has chav graves and look at the stuff that piles up their on birthdays. Did you see it on "Gypsy wedding" where they held an entire birthday party in the cemetery for the son that had died in a car smash, pouring him a can of beer onto the grave.....before consuming another six cases of beer and driving home. Still, if they want to buy the sprog that's buried in my local churchyard an i-phone for his birthday just leave it on the headstone and I'll be round to walk my dog first thing.
  9. dogs_bollox

dogs_bollox Clanker MiA (Donor)

Bet the fuckers left the scene like they do every other pikey site - not fit for animals to shit on. No respect for any other graves but god help you if you ask them to remove the crap. "I fucking hate pikeys"

D_B
  10. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann Clanker Supporter - GCM

Aye.If my Granny was still alive,she'd be 98.Can't remember her dob,but it would have been in black and white.
  11. jarrod248

jarrod248 Clanker Gallery Guru

I've also noticed this and find it quite odd. I'm for a few pints and some quiet reflection. When i'm gone go and bum someone in my memory.
  12. counterstrike

counterstrike Clanker

Vampire, do you mean they are posting on the dead persons wall or on there own? Either way a bit odd.

Sent from my HTC Desire using fat fingers and a small keyboard.
  13. Markintime

Markintime Clanker Supporter - ADC

It'll take us a few years to get over the hangover.
  14. The13thDukeOfWybourne

The13thDukeOfWybourne Clanker MiA (Donor)

It's because when you die you end up in the internet. Everyone knows that.