Weeping angel statue

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by angular, Jun 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. angular

angular LE

Has anyone seen a statue of the 'weeping angels', from Dr. Who, for sale anywhere?

I want to put one in a quite corner of the garden to scare the kids :twisted:

Google doesn't seem to come up with anything suitable, but something with the hands over the face would be perfect.
  2. sunami

sunami LE

There only seems to be life-size cardboard cutouts. http://www.starstills.com/products/Weeping-Angel-(Blink-Angel)-(Doctor-Who)-%252d-Lifesize-Cardboard-Cutout-%7B47%7D-Standee.html
  3. Billy_Rubin

Billy_Rubin Old-Salt

Had no idea what you were talking about. Googled it. Surmise that you must hate your kids. Nice work!
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles LE

Make one from apier mache, mount it on a concealed track. Every day move it nearer and nearer to the house.

What do you mean they are only kids? Fcuck 'em and eat them!
  5. Fat_Cav

Fat_Cav LE

Hire in a couple of these 'Living Statues' and then when they jump out at the little buggers, I'll bet you'll never, ever have a issue with them again. :twisted:

[​IMG]
  6. angular

angular LE

Brilliant!

I was wondering what to do for the 6-year-old's next birthday party.

On a similar vein, I've clearly unearthed a gap in the garden ornament market. Who's in?
  7. Billy_Rubin

Billy_Rubin Old-Salt

Don't get me started. I am going to have to stop talking to you.

Count me in for the scary garden ornament project. I reckon there is a gap in the market for Cybermen gnomes too.
  8. miles_gloriosus

miles_gloriosus War Hero

I seem to remember wheelie bins have already been used to eat people in Dr Who, too. That should be an easy one to manage.
  9. stabradop

stabradop

Google "Forbidden Planet" they might have some, there is a shop near me and they seem to have a lot of sci-fi stuff in the window.
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles LE

you can get 5" statue(tte!)s on Amazon...
  11. angular

angular LE

I suppose I could put them REALLY close to the house, so they thought they were bigger :?
  12. Chef

Chef LE

The first really scary monsters since the original Cybermen!
  13. theinventor

theinventor Old-Salt

You could ask these guys where they got theirs from.

[​IMG]

Made me miss a beat as I walked to work half-asleep on the Monday morning after the show...
  14. Abdiel

Abdiel War Hero

Sorry I'm to busy to go around scaring Kids at the moment Trying to take over the world is a full time job :twisted:
    But on a serious note it would be difficult to find one because in the show itself the statues were actually actors wearing heavy makeup and masks, made to stand still.