Walt Ex-Members - Reasons For Leaving

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PoisonDwarf, Jul 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I had a 3 Badge AB of 19 years working for me in one job. He was very happy as an AB with no responsibility and refused to go up for promotion. I was quite surprised 6 months into the job when he turned up with an application for promotion to Leading Hand . I put it down to my good management and leadership skills until one of his messmates told me that

1) we had a complement for 1 Leading Seaman so if he got his rate he had be moved ship (ours was a bit unhappy at the time) and

2) he needed to be a Leading Hand for 2 years to get the pension and he was approaching the cutoff.
  2. Dogdrool

Dogdrool Old-Salt

With a hypodermic needle and a caring attitude :D
  3. 81cufc

81cufc War Hero

I work on the railway so always answer "I've killed more people with my train than my rifle." It's actually true, as I haven't killed anyone with my rifle, but splatted two with the train :)

On the walts.... one where I work who claims to be ex REME & after a football match twatted a Cpl, he was then tortured in the guard room including having his eye lids stapled open. He's a billy bull shit about all sorts of things, so I call into question his service let alone this story.
  4. Fat_Cav

Fat_Cav LE

I've just re-read my post. :oops:
    Feck it man, was she doing the rounds then?

PS. Blank him. Ohh that's severe! :roll:
  5. Forks

Forks

Yes, but be careful who you crack that one to! Whilst in Kuwait on a foreign weapons fam session, I was asked how I knew so much about certain weapons and if I had used them before. Did the old 'yeah, but before the Army' joke and was taken seriously! Cue a few worried looks and the troop leader approaching me and asking where I was to have used them.
  6. hammy123

hammy123 LE

I usually reply to this often posed question with "yes, most of them young children which I speared with my bayonet" or "Ive killed once and I will kill again so fcuk off".

Ive heard umpteen reasons for leaving from ex serving, usually Ive punched someone so they threw me out, i was sh*gging someones wife so he had me thrown out, I was shot and I couldnt soldier on, I didnt want responsibility so I turned the promotion down, I was away on sneaky ops so was passed over for promotion.

I also remember one guy who came to my unit from the RAF, first thing he said to me was " I was transferred coz I was to much for them to handle" So after taking him round the back of MT for a chat, he chilled out.

I must confess, I took a swing at the PTI Sgt in basic when he was dragging me up a hill - not the best move I ever made. Ive never been thumped so many times in 10 secs. Feckin boxers :)
  7. tomthetinker

tomthetinker Old-Salt

There was a Sergeant in 1DWR who got battered by some private soldiers and was transfered to another regiment for his own protection. They didn't want him very much either, so he got a depot posting and took it all out on junior soldiers for a couple of years.

Last heard of serving as a copper in York.
  8. Markintime

Markintime LE

Oh the ignominy, to have sunk that low.
  9. Miner

Miner LE

My old man was a drill pig, full screw. He was offered his 3rd stripe if he signed on full time (he was doing his National Service, & was late entry due to doing his apprenticeship first), he wanted to, but my mum put her foot down & he came out. Although he ended up running his own succesful carpentry & joinery business, he still says he regrets not staying in.
  10. k13eod

k13eod LE

Can you clarify the phrase '& he came out' .... 8O
  11. Fugly

Fugly LE

Careful.. You'll drop us in the shit with the outraged Major again.
  12. Miner

Miner LE

Sorry, I meant to say he then started flouncing around wearing dresses like the big jessy he is.
  13. k13eod

k13eod LE

:D
  14. weekend_worrier

weekend_worrier LE

'There was a Sergeant in 1DWR who got battered by some private soldiers and was transfered to another regiment for his own protection. They didn't want him very much either, so he got a depot posting and took it all out on junior soldiers for a couple of years.

Last heard of serving as a copper in York'.

Did he make it to WOII? There was a DWR Sergeant-Major running the OSD shack in Camp Doha - I encountered him in 2004. 1DWR had just taken over from the Cheshires in Basra, and he wasn't with them, which sort of suggested that he wasn't desperately needed. He was a bit of a c*** as well.

And no, I didn't punch him.
  15. paragate

paragate

Mod edit: do one you dick