1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Walt Ex-Members - Reasons For Leaving

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PoisonDwarf, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse Clanker Book Reviewer

I had a 3 Badge AB of 19 years working for me in one job. He was very happy as an AB with no responsibility and refused to go up for promotion. I was quite surprised 6 months into the job when he turned up with an application for promotion to Leading Hand . I put it down to my good management and leadership skills until one of his messmates told me that

1) we had a complement for 1 Leading Seaman so if he got his rate he had be moved ship (ours was a bit unhappy at the time) and

2) he needed to be a Leading Hand for 2 years to get the pension and he was approaching the cutoff.
  2. Dogdrool

Dogdrool Clanker

With a hypodermic needle and a caring attitude :D
  3. 81cufc

81cufc Clanker

I work on the railway so always answer "I've killed more people with my train than my rifle." It's actually true, as I haven't killed anyone with my rifle, but splatted two with the train :)

On the walts.... one where I work who claims to be ex REME & after a football match twatted a Cpl, he was then tortured in the guard room including having his eye lids stapled open. He's a billy bull shit about all sorts of things, so I call into question his service let alone this story.
  4. Fat_Cav

Fat_Cav Clanker

I've just re-read my post. :oops:
    Feck it man, was she doing the rounds then?

PS. Blank him. Ohh that's severe! :roll:
  5. Forks

Forks Crow

Yes, but be careful who you crack that one to! Whilst in Kuwait on a foreign weapons fam session, I was asked how I knew so much about certain weapons and if I had used them before. Did the old 'yeah, but before the Army' joke and was taken seriously! Cue a few worried looks and the troop leader approaching me and asking where I was to have used them.
  6. hammy123

hammy123 Clanker MiA (Donor)

I usually reply to this often posed question with "yes, most of them young children which I speared with my bayonet" or "Ive killed once and I will kill again so fcuk off".

Ive heard umpteen reasons for leaving from ex serving, usually Ive punched someone so they threw me out, i was sh*gging someones wife so he had me thrown out, I was shot and I couldnt soldier on, I didnt want responsibility so I turned the promotion down, I was away on sneaky ops so was passed over for promotion.

I also remember one guy who came to my unit from the RAF, first thing he said to me was " I was transferred coz I was to much for them to handle" So after taking him round the back of MT for a chat, he chilled out.

I must confess, I took a swing at the PTI Sgt in basic when he was dragging me up a hill - not the best move I ever made. Ive never been thumped so many times in 10 secs. Feckin boxers :)
  7. tomthetinker

tomthetinker Clanker

There was a Sergeant in 1DWR who got battered by some private soldiers and was transfered to another regiment for his own protection. They didn't want him very much either, so he got a depot posting and took it all out on junior soldiers for a couple of years.

Last heard of serving as a copper in York.
  8. Markintime

Markintime Clanker Supporter - ADC

Oh the ignominy, to have sunk that low.
  9. Miner

Miner Clanker Supporter - GCM

My old man was a drill pig, full screw. He was offered his 3rd stripe if he signed on full time (he was doing his National Service, & was late entry due to doing his apprenticeship first), he wanted to, but my mum put her foot down & he came out. Although he ended up running his own succesful carpentry & joinery business, he still says he regrets not staying in.
  10. k13eod

k13eod Clanker

Can you clarify the phrase '& he came out' .... 8O
  11. Fugly

Fugly Clanker Supporter - ADC

Careful.. You'll drop us in the shit with the outraged Major again.
  12. Miner

Miner Clanker Supporter - GCM

Sorry, I meant to say he then started flouncing around wearing dresses like the big jessy he is.
  13. k13eod

k13eod Clanker

:D
  14. weekend_worrier

weekend_worrier Clanker

'There was a Sergeant in 1DWR who got battered by some private soldiers and was transfered to another regiment for his own protection. They didn't want him very much either, so he got a depot posting and took it all out on junior soldiers for a couple of years.

Last heard of serving as a copper in York'.

Did he make it to WOII? There was a DWR Sergeant-Major running the OSD shack in Camp Doha - I encountered him in 2004. 1DWR had just taken over from the Cheshires in Basra, and he wasn't with them, which sort of suggested that he wasn't desperately needed. He was a bit of a c*** as well.

And no, I didn't punch him.
  15. paragate

paragate Crow

Mod edit: do one you dick