Useless Info on Bears Butt Plugs...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by uncle_vanya, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. uncle_vanya

uncle_vanya LE

Mods... please put this in the appropriate slot.......

Question :p

Do bears put a plug of moss up their backsides before they hibernate to stop ants or other small creatures going up there? :omg:

Answer.. :oops:

A 'tappen' was a mucous plug, which forms in the rectum of a polar bear during hibernation and closes it. In summary, the tappen forms inside the body and plugs the anus during hibernation. A bear does not place moss up its backside, nor does it place a rock there, which was one of my earlier questions. The tappen prevents faecal material leaking out of the bear's body and soiling its home during hibernation. Apart from hygiene, the smell of faeces could attract enemies during a vulnerable period for the bear. The tappen is not produced to stop small animals going up the bear's backside, but its presence helps to prevent it. Whether ants would naturally want to go up a bear's backside is another question!

:?
    I bet you didn't know that...... :salut:
  2. smudge67

smudge67

I didn't, and didn't really care either.
  3. bomb_mac

bomb_mac War Hero

I didn't, but now I do, thank you.
  4. llech

llech LE

I did know this, it was on QI. But I still don't care.
  5. suck-deleted

suck-deleted

Well, now I know what to call the next fucktard that spouts useless shit for no apparent reason.

You are a fcuking tappen....no im sorry that just doesn't work, you will have to just remain a cunt.
  6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

My life is now complete with this marvelous revelation. Me and my suicide sect are off into the forest now. Make sure the last person out of broken Britain turns off the light, hey?
  7. GrizzlyPanda

GrizzlyPanda LE

Only one problem with that, they'll think you've said tampon, and then you spend half an hour explaining what the feck you actually meant - leaving them the opportunity to womble off calling you a dippy cunt.

...worst case scenario....

Edit: Thought I'd be a tedious bastard to match this thread...
  8. uncle_vanya

uncle_vanya LE

"You are a fcuking tappen....no im sorry that just doesn't work, you will have to just remain a cunt".

Oh, Sar..... thankie you for your confidence in me....

Oh, Sar! I'm most pleased and thanking your wonderful self, in respect to my most knowledgeable personage.... that I have your confidence in me... :salut:

I am your humble and obedient servant.... :flower: