1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

The Queens Commission

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Krankenschwester, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Has anybody read 'the Queen's commission', a document provided on the homepage of the RMAS website.

If that isn't enough to spell out the role of an officer and inspire people to want officership I don't know what will.
  2. rickshaw-major

rickshaw-major Clanker Supporter - GCM

I've got one on my wall. Well impresses the locals :D
  3. What, like the certificate article or the document? If it's the document, is it like wallpaper I presume?
  4. Mr_C_Hinecap

Mr_C_Hinecap Clanker

He means he has the Queen's Commission he was awarded on successful completion of his course at Sandhurst - not the guide book you refer to. Your other posts lead me to believe this is not a wah.
  5. Yes I thought it was that he meant. Course a lowly wannabe like me doesn't have one (yet!). Anyway, having been accustomed to the term "wah" I can see why this thread might be seen as one, or an attempt at one, but I genuinely think the guide is a really good read.
  6. rickshaw-major

rickshaw-major Clanker Supporter - GCM

Its like parchment about 20" x 15" and signed by Elizabeth R and some bloke called Blacker - and its getting old like its owner :(
  7. cheesypoptart

cheesypoptart Clanker

I could swear it's been out for a few years now. If I had to pick one part that sums up what makes British officers unique, it's this earlier indicator of the calibre of men to follow:

As here's the worst of British, although surely rare these days:
  8. Auden

Auden Crow

*first post*

Im 16 and hopefully on my way to Welbeck dsfc in September (AOSB in March), I was recommended to read this before going to the AOSB, Im hacking my way through it but I was just wondering if any of you know where I could get hold of this in paperback or possibly hardback?

Thanks in advance, Auden
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles Clanker

JFC Fuller? a man who wasn't just interested in blitzkrieg but also in Nazism?