1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Stumpy and the Auld Sapper

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by davidflies, Apr 24, 2012.

1. davidflies

davidflies Clanker Book Reviewer Supporter - GCM

Pleased - very pleased - to announce that MLRS Books are in the last stages of preparing to publish the complete and unexpurgated account of the story of "Stumpy and the Auld Sapper." We have the text and photographs and are now doing the final edit of this sometimes hilarious account of a dog and his handler in Northern Ireland during the now not so recent troubles. I have never read anything quite as good, and the story is full of anecdotes both serious and completely insane!
    The author (R.E. dog handler) and that amazing Labrador got up to some quite alarming antics as well as doing a very good job - and the story is told from the point of view of the dog really - I have never read such natural writing and it is one hell of a good read; at times when reading it myself I actually burst out laughing - which I haven't done since I was a boy (when little things pleased me). This is one hell of a story, told with typical humour, and it is a human/canine story which is just bloody marvellous.
    Publication will be within 6 weeks from today (24 April 2012) and anyone wanting to buy it should keep an eye on our web site at MLRS Books (Google it). If you want to reserve a copy email us through the web site.
    Faustic, IndianaDel, Bosscat and 29 others like this.
  2. jarrod248

jarrod248 Clanker Gallery Guru

It's with his consent?
    Recce19 likes this.
  3. davidflies

Yes Auld Sapper seems quite chuffed that the story is being published - even by a small publisher like us.
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Clanker Book Reviewer MiA (Donor)

Stumpy died some years ago you heartless bastard. So he is not really in a position to give his consent, is he?

Jesus. Some people.

Look forward to the extended version of the thread somewhere here.
  5. jarrod248

I'll definitely buy a copy.
  6. jarrod248

Hush Kitty, get the dinner on or your lass 'Ill give yer a crack.
  7. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann Clanker Supporter - GCM

About bloody time.
  8. Dollsteeth

Dollsteeth Clanker

Is that the story from "Kin'ell been bit heavy in here"?
  9. Monty417

Monty417 Clanker Supporter - GCM

Please consider auctioning a signed copy or two for Hols4Heroes.
  10. jarrod248

Hahahaha try harder.
    Krazy_Ivan and Recce19 like this.
  11. davidflies

Monty417 - I will get in touch with the author and put this to him - I think it a great idea
  12. Monty417

Monty417 Clanker Supporter - GCM

Cheers.
  13. ebagum

ebagum Clanker

Great news, The original thread was one of the Funiest thing I have read for years,

RIP Stumpy
    GashHand, Sparky2339 and Nutstrangler like this.
  14. SecurityGeek

SecurityGeek Clanker

Are you taking pre-orders or will we have to take our chances on the first run being sold out?

edited to add:

Yes I'm a twat and need to read the original post properly before asking bone questions!
  15. davidflies

SecurityGeek - we print to order anyway and will be working on the number of pre-orders we get plus some more - but if you email us through the web site we will make sure your copy is printed in the first run