SRR

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by BWsamwatt, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BWsamwatt

BWsamwatt Old-Salt

Hi guys, would like to know a general outline of SRR selection, and if anyone has recently done it some hints and tips. Replies to inbox if you want.
    Thanks very much.

2. JD150

JD150 War Hero

Get a copy of 2011DIN01-104 and 2011DIN07-101 from your unit.

3. BCFC Sam

BCFC Sam Old-Salt

good luck

4. FatBoyGeorge

FatBoyGeorge LE

Good luck indeed.

It takes that certain someone to do something like that; a person with the right aptitude. So if you get binned it doesn't necessarily mean you're no good, the staff just may think you've not quite got the correct personal attributes.

I'm sure you used to be able to visit a brief local to yourself when their tour bus visited. I attended a couple for something similar and thought they were very good.

Hope you get what you want.

FBG

5. BWsamwatt

BWsamwatt Old-Salt

Roger thanks for that bit of info, however there is only so much you can learn whilst going square eyed, a bit of personal experiences/hints/tips would be greatly appreciated!

6. JD150

JD150 War Hero

I'm sure there is the opportunity to ask all the questions you have at the SF Briefing Course, those on here who are in the know will be unstandably reluctant to divulge anything over civi internet.

7. BWsamwatt

BWsamwatt Old-Salt

A good point well made. I'm not too concerned TTP wise, more on the fitness programme so that I'm adequately prepared and can do a mock run even before turning up for the briefing course.

8. smudge67er

smudge67er

The one day pre-course interviews etc consisted of a 1 hour session in the gym, followed immediately after by a timed BFT (well, that was the case pre-SRR days). Be prepared to run 1.5 miles, already hanging out of your arrse.

9. brave-coward

brave-coward LE

I'm no expert but I'd have thought one of the qualifying requirements for joining the SRR might be not to tell the whole online world that Sam Watt from the Black Watch might be trying to join. I can only hope it is a pseudonym (at which stage I'll get back in my box); if it is your real name, you might want to take a hard look at yourself and ask if you are really the right man for the job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BWsamwatt

BWsamwatt Old-Salt

Everyone knows that The Black Watch no longer exist... surely I would be 3ScotsSamWatt?

However on a serious note I have been onto Admins about getting my username changed to no avail.

11. The fitness routine can be supplied from the Training Wing if you phone up and ask. It's not revolutionary, combination of circuits, running and marching with weight. Fighting Fit can tell you all that if you really need a book, failing that, any of the public available phys routines for AAPPS or AACC would do just as well - just ask your PTIs.

And because I'm feeling generous:

Fighting Fit: Complete SAS Fitness Training Handbook: Amazon.co.uk: Adrian Weale: Books

• Like Like x 1
  12. I failed it, badly.

Hope that helps.

13. That's because you're cornish.

14. How ******* dare you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Fellow at Queensway, you did ask for a demo; drinks on you. Classic reaction at being rumbled...wanna watch that...

Главное разведывательное управление xxx

(oh don't worry...I get busted more often than a shoplifter on smack!!! Yeh yeh yeh...reckless...I know)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014