Soldiers going hungry in Afghan...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by spike7451, Jun 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 LE

Daily hate scaremongering again or a real issue?...

Soldiers go into battle in Afghanistan on empty stomachs | Mail Online

Bring back bacon grill,babies heads & train smash I say...:lick:
    Nutstrangler likes this.
  2. chocolate_frog

chocolate_frog

Salad? In a ratpack? How does that work? desicated lettuce in a box?
  3. Mr_Snakey

Mr_Snakey LE

I rather like the new rat packs. I always throw half mine away.

I think the boil in the bag ploughman's lunch was a bit ambitious though...
  4. Timble

Timble LE

Sure this has be covered on here before. I thought the new ones were pretty good last year - remember this was only one letter, and to the daily mail. The rat packs (did) come with feedback cards if you did think that they were that gopping.
  5. Recce19

Recce19 LE

It has to be true - 'hellsbrink' says everything we read in the papers is completely on the level and all information is correct!
  6. CQMS

CQMS LE

7. tuffy52

tuffy52 LE

Lettuce?,,,how does that work then?,do you have to reconstitute it?,how about salad dressing (olive oil+lemon juice+black pepper)?,is it a special variety that does not wilt in the heat of a Afghani Summer?,does it come with tomatoes and grated cheddar?.....The mind boggles....
  8. Draft Dodger

Draft Dodger LE

instant fruit muesli, breakfast of champions
  9. chocolate_frog

chocolate_frog

I think they feedback cards have 'expired'. You'll still find them in there though. Bit likewhen you had to replace the chocolate and cheese possessed.
  10. the_guru

the_guru LE

So they're not going hungry because of lack of food. They're going hungry because they are picky *******. I used to hate some of the old tinned compo stuff, but I ate the ******* stuff when I was hungry.

In short, stop dripping, man the **** up and eat what's put in front of you.
  11. Old Bastard

Old Bastard Old-Salt

The ideal: Corn/Beef Hash, Sausage and Beans, Lancs Hotpot, Treacle Pudding, 3xYorkie, Biscuit Fruits, Beef Pate.
  12. Draft Dodger

Draft Dodger LE

they're clearly not hungry enough, their manning should be reduced so they have to work harder.
  13. Biscuits_AB

Biscuits_AB

Boil in the bag Currywurst and Pommes Mayo. It's the future.

If they don't like the food, pay, conditions, deployments, etc, etc, then they should make the obvious choice. Since Afghhanistan kicked off, the amount of ******* whining has steadily grown to embarrassment levels. Don't like it, sign off. You'll be replaced.
    llech, Cable_Ties, JayBaloo and 2 others like this.
  14. chocolate_frog

chocolate_frog

You'd eat it if they were hungry enough.

As my gran used to say.

My Primary school teacher used to tell us when she was young, her Mother used to t hreaten to send their food to Africa in a jiffy bag if they didn't eat it... her sister used to shout 'they can have mine'... this must have been in the 1940/50s!
  15. misterp

misterp Old-Salt

When the mixed menu rations came out there was a guy in my unit who only ate menu 3 as that was the only one he could eat (liked). if your that hungry you'd eat it!