Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

So, what you drinking?

Good news, everyone!

Locals win power to save their pubs
COMMUNITIES are to be given powers to protect local pubs facing closure, ministers will say today.
By Dans Townsend
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Mon, Mar 23, 2015

Ale-565675.jpg
GETTY

The Campaign for Real Ale has achieved a landmark success
The new regulations, which will give locals a greater say in the planning process, come just days after the Chancellor announced a third consecutive cut in beer duty in the Budget.

Community ownership schemes and an initiative to allow landlords to diversify into services such as shops and post offi ces will also receive a funding boost.

Communities Minister Kris Hopkins dubbed today Community Pubs Day and called on people to mark it by “listing their local” as an asset of community value so it can be given extra protection.

More than 600 pubs have already been registered.

Tim Page of the Campaign for Real Ale: “This is a powerful step towards protecting our valued community pubs... let’s push the number of listed pubs from hundreds to thousands.”

["My" Red Lion wasn't that posh, but I loved it, anyway.]

Fresh orange juice and fresh grapefruit juice with some fizzy water.

Well, it says it's "Fresh", but I doubt it.

Who cares? It tastes nice.

Quick trip down to that French France place last week and picked up a couple of cases of Anjou wine. The Red not the pink muck.

Baron de la Variere this time.

Can't find the stuff anywhere on line or in the shops here so have to pick it up if in France for any reason which is a pain.

IMG_1976.jpg
A son in OZ sent me three bottles of wine for my geburstag, I had to check the value, and this one came out at £19.99. I usually have £5 a bottle, and this is simply delicious.

Perez Cruz single Vineyard La Miguerea Block.:

Last edited:
Probably dispensed swill Still, it might be a welcome addition to the workplace.

8eb3fc557bb8fc6cb3e647bdd0b5d5e9_650x.jpg

I cannot make out the cost, but at least they spelled "whisky" correctly.