Signals Regiment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Red69, Jul 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Red69

Red69 Swinger

Going along to the Signals TA tomorrow night to see about joining.
    So just wondering if anyone has got any hints or advice for me?
  2. STILTS

STILTS LE

Red, Which one are you going to go to?

Stilts
  3. Red69

Red69 Swinger

32nd (Scottish) Signals Regt - Glasgow
  4. devilish

devilish LE

Good luck red, good bunch but beware they are in the middle of mobilizing for Cyprus, not all of them mind but a good few.

And no you won't be able to go, you're too late....:)
  5. Red69

Red69 Swinger

Thanks for your reply - I lived in Cyprus for 2 years so not too bothered about missing out on that one lol
  6. supermark500

supermark500 War Hero

Dress smart, treat this is a job interview. Make sure you get a good look around the unit (they should take you on a tour). Find out what roles are available there. Take some cash as you should be invited to the bar afterwards (although it would be a poor showing if you actually had to buy yourself a drink on your first night!). Think of anything that you may want to ask.
  7. billypleased

billypleased Old-Salt

And if you don't like the look of them, come and check out 2 Sigs in Dundee ;o)
  8. Red69

Red69 Swinger

You serious about dressing smart, and treating it like a job interview? - I thought I was just going for a look around to see what it's like (was just going to wear jeans!!) and I thought I would then apply later and hopefully interview afterwards!
  9. supermark500

supermark500 War Hero

Absolutely serious. Is it not a job? Will you not get paid? Do you want your first impression to be "I can't really be bothered to make an effort"? Your call, but I, and the vast majority of recruits at my TAC, dressed smart for the first evening at least.
    Incidently, those who rolled up in old jeans and trainers are no longer bothering to turn up.
  10. StabTiffy2B

StabTiffy2B LE

Wear something to show off your norks and remember to flirt shamelessly with everyone there. Make sure you let them know that you're either single, or prepared to sleep around even though you're not.

Mention these key words: "****", "Airtight", "*******", "Multiple cocks", "Flute" and "Band Camp".

Hope this helps.
  11. devilish

devilish LE

Dress smart, defo. Makes for a very good first impression and it is also the HQ Sqn you are attending. I did and look where I am now.....
  12. Red69

Red69 Swinger

Jesus - am I glad you guys are all here.... my hubby was in regular army and he said just go along in jeans and not bother as I'm only see around the place tonight.

Thanks for all the advice....... although unfortunately I'm shit as the flirting thing, so any other hints on that front would be appreciated lol
  13. Father_Gundulph

Father_Gundulph LE

Oh dear...

Tell as many people as possible that you're willing to open up your Pandora's box or set your hare free in front of the hounds, which is incedentally what you've just done here...

Edited to add - Also, refer to StabTiffy2B's post above, that was full of sound advice.
  14. Red69

Red69 Swinger

I have?? :oops:
    :wink: :D :wink:
  15. Red69

Red69 Swinger

Airtight??