Rugby Shirts for the Army V Navy. Send SITREP over.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BuggerAll, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I know its an occasional topic but I can't find a thread anywhere. Is there an ARRSE rugby shirt? Or is there a plan?

I'm thinking of the impending Army v Navy Game - but I suspect such an item of dress would be the casual shirt of choice for the cooler months of the year most of the time.

Another option would be the ARU's shirt or is this a bit waltish given that I have never played for the Army and have not played at all since I was at school (over 30 years ago).

[​IMG]

2. BuggerAll

I've just seen this question asked again on another thread so I thought I'd bump it. If anyone else is interested keep bumping it.

3. The_Seagull

The_Seagull LE

I wouldn't say it's waltish. I've never played for the Cardiff Blues, Wales, The British Lions,or the All Blacks but I've got jerseys from them.

I think the Army Jersey looks quite smart, the red one that is. I may treat myself to one.

4. BuggerAll

The word SODexho across the front of the red one put me off.

5. BuggerAll

Just ordered the above.

6. Detonator

Detonator LE

And me.

7. guzzler

guzzler Old-Salt

Bump any news on an arrse shirt.

8. BuggerAll

Just received my ARU shirt and damn fine it is too. The red bits under the arms are mesh and let a lot of air in, which is a good thing around your oxtars.

The design of the shirt is quite slimming, which is a good thing if you've had too many pies, drunk to much booze and don't do enough phys!

9. Murielson

Murielson LE

Thought about a suitable shirt for the event and currently looking at the Help For Heroes one.

No better cause around IMO and all the p*ssed up marines will be looking for people wearing the ARU shirt to batter and will probably buy me a pint!!

10. argo

argo

I'll be wearing my desert DPM Army rugby shirt that I bought at the game last year.
    I also have'nt played football for Liverpool, England or Osnabrunk. Or cricket for Kent but I still have shirts for them!!!!!!

11. BuggerAll

I contacted the ARU to enquire about getting the DPM rugby shirt. They mentioned that they hope tp have an MTP one for next year. Hopefully it won't have SODexho plastered across the tit like the desert one.