Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Royal Irish Rifles Museum Belfast

I popped over to Belfast at the weekend to visit the Royal Irish Rifles Museum as my great Grandad was in the 86th Regiment of Foot, my Grandad was in the Royal Irish Rifles and my Dad was in the Royal Ulster Rifles. I contacted the curator ahead and requested a search was done of their records to see if my boys were mentioned anywhere, and my Grandfather was. 60% of all the records were lost in WW2 due to bombing, so I was lucky to find anything. Nice little museum with interesting pieces. Some photos attached I hope.

Attachments

• P6210034.JPG
    P6210034.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,013
  • P6210042.JPG
    P6210042.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 971
  • P6210043.JPG
    P6210043.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 986
fairy_nuff:4477111 said:
I hope you didn't hang about the Albert Clock on your visit! :)

No didn't want to push it over anymore. Did have a nice lunch in the Crown though

There's been loads of complaints about the standards of the grub there this last while. I hope it's got better. They seem to be turning it into a tourist wetherspoons with some really strange decisions on which beer and cider to stock

There's been loads of complaints about the standards of the grub there this last while. I hope it's got better. They seem to be turning it into a tourist wetherspoons with some really strange decisions on which beer and cider to stock

Do Belfast people actually drink in it?

Biscuits_Brown:4478535 said:

Do Belfast people actually drink in it?[/QUOTE

Not for much longer the way things are going. Cider was £3.90 and that well known belfast lager Sam Magill will be going for over £4 a pint. The stew is now no longer available, the kitchen staff having been 'let go' and the grub is catering microwave in the bag stuff.

Whites, The Monaco and Morning Star in the city centre do really good grub. Avoid wearing the regimental blazers and wristbands.

I had sauceages, champ and a pint of Guiness for £8 and it was very nice on a wet day in Belfast