1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Restaurants to die for

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by saintstone, Oct 25, 2009.

1. saintstone

saintstone Clanker

This was asked to be moved to a relevant forum, so here goes :-

2. Hobo-Ken

Hobo-Ken Clanker

Sounds good - will happily give it a try when next in the area.

Key question is: where did the steak come from? Hopefully none of that UK / Euro / Scottish sh1te. If you want decent beef, come over here to Lat Am where they REALLY know what beef is all about. Brahman crossed with Aberdeen Angus, for the farmers among you.

Oh, and I bought a full tank of petrol yesterday and got change fromn a dollar - not bad at around 1p a litre...

HK
  3. The_Snail

The_Snail Clanker

HK, trust me on this one. I scoffed double my body weight and it was ace. I have the postcode if you want it.

Yours aye,

Dale T, 3 stone heavier xxxxx
  4. TalaveraTom

TalaveraTom Clanker

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe!
  5. ringdoby

ringdoby Clanker

6. Does that mean you weigh 21lbs??
  7. Fat_Cav

Fat_Cav Clanker

For those who are aficionado's for Fish and Seafood. I reccomend The Crab at Chieveley

It's an unlikely setting for a fish restaurant, set just off the Ridgeway in West Berkshire near Newbury, but it's absolutely superb. It's not pretentious either although it does have high standards but they're not up-themselves about it.
    Also it's a B&B which looks OK, however I never stayed but I wished I had.

The Crab at Chieveley Website

Review

[​IMG]
  8. tropper66

tropper66 Crow

"Madam Fromage" Castle Arcade Cardiff, its a cheese shop and restaurant, a great place for a plate of mixed chesse and olives with a nice bottlle of red,

"The North Star" North Road Cardiff a pub with very good Italian food and specials Menu 2-4-1 meals untill 6pm

"0 degrees" Westgate street cardiff Real Ale brewary with piza to die for

And my local "The Old Arcade with great beer and pubgrub
  9. yater_spoon

yater_spoon Clanker

I visited Rancho's food was good. Could get a blue steak without signing a disclaimer!! Service was a bit slow but they were busy. I would recommend Myalacarte in Reading.
  10. Apparently Heston BloomingHec's ristorante The Plump Breasted Pigeon (or similar) 'is too die for' after poisoning c. 500 guests; sewage in the oysters I think - fine dining!
  11. Holdfast

Holdfast Clanker MiA (Donor)

Here's one for those around the Cambridge area.

The C0ck at Hemingford

It's just won a national prize as well.
  12. PrinceAlbert

PrinceAlbert

Do they call you Bullet?
  13. tropper66

tropper66 Crow

no they call me Jim just like everyone else
  14. Enigma266

Enigma266 Clanker MiA (Donor)

The French Horn just outside Pewsey. Run by a couple of Aussies. Menu includes wild boar, ostrich and kangaroo among the ususal suspects. A bit expensive but the steak is nice and rare and mahoosive!

My favourite local place is The Boot at Shipton Bellinger. Amazing selection of food.

Posh restaurants - Gordon Ramsays gaff at the top of the Hilton Hotel in Dubai. Think its called the Verve.
  15. PrinceAlbert

PrinceAlbert

:D