1. Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Redundancy process tranche 1 - how is it going so far ?

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by agoodgrouping, Aug 10, 2011.

1. agoodgrouping

agoodgrouping Clanker

Fair play to DM(A) and the ARedC on this, so far the quality and passage of information has been good. Are we alone ?

The next month will be key though, lots of fingernails being chewed.
  2. Outstanding

Outstanding Clanker

So - have they delayed annoucements until February? - if so why?
  3. Same in Andrew - our announcements are on 30 Sep, tranche 2 early '12

Scuttlebutt is 70-80% volunteers in the redundancy fields from Officers/SNCOs, only 30-40% in Junior Rates

I too am looking forward to be a Notifying Officer....
  4. Outstanding

Outstanding Clanker

::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    As opposed to a notified Officer!
  5. Correct! Luckily I am not in one of the redundancy fields - my TX date is pretty soon
  6. jimmys_best_mate

jimmys_best_mate Clanker MiA (Donor)

I don't think I met a single junior who's done more than five or six years who wasn't praying they'd be in line for it when it was announced. Everywhere you looked there was people carrying their payment calculator printout round with big smiles on their faces. At least two or three signed off when they found out it was pretty much seniors only this time round.
  7. Bigbaldski

Bigbaldski Clanker

I am waiting for the big day and hoping that my application has been accepted. I am however not pinning all my hopes on this as a contingiancy plan is always needed! Surley if 5000 extra are needed to leave then they would accept all applicants?

I know a board has already sat and I am sure CO's have been informed of who have been selected within their units, but we all have to wait until 1st Sept to ensure we have as little time as possible to get ressetlement, leave and relocation sorted!
    fatboy69 likes this.
  8. "I know a board has already sat and I am sure CO's have been informed of who have been selected within their units, but we all have to wait until 1st Sept to ensure we have as little time as possible to get ressetlement, leave and relocation sorted!"

To be fair to tne manning organisations there is likely to be a huge amount of manpower churn as redundees (volunteers and compulsory) are processed back from operations and through the resettlement system and reliefs found for them

That takes a bit of planning
  9. Outstanding

Outstanding Clanker

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please don't use words like planning in relation to this thread!
  10. Joe_Private

Joe_Private Clanker

I heard yesterday that tranche 2 had been further delayed due to the manning requirements for the olympics.
  11. DesktopCommando

DesktopCommando Clanker

what Olympic manning requirements ?
  12. agoodgrouping

agoodgrouping Clanker

Tranche 2 HAS been delayed until Jan 12 and a specimen entry for Part One Orders has been issued thru the G1 chain.
  13. fangy1

fangy1 Clanker

Results out today, all admin seemed to go well at our Battalion apart from a few miserable faces - not sure if they were applicants who did not get selected or chosen men.

Your own views on today ? Hats off I think it was PDG

There was a master list of those who were eligible - I wonder if there is a master list of who WAS selected ? (need not know if they were applicants or chosen men but it may spare blushes in conversation)

And Tranche 2 is due .......in Jan or when ?

Inf will be very busy until 2105 so who do you think will get the tablet next ?

Div/Bde Branches (Loggies, SPS, Med are my top tips) for 'we never knew what they ***** did anyway' - and your own nominees are .........
  14. You were doing well until you decide to hit the REMF card (ignoring your typo that keeps the inf busy for a while longer than I imagine you meant). If you ignore the fact that without those 'branches' the inf would be as useful as a chocolate fireguard it clearly shows a lack of understanding of the wider Army.
  15. spaz

spaz Clanker MiA (Donor)

Yeah whatever, you G4 bummer.
    Nato Standard123 likes this.