Red patches on face

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Yokel, Aug 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yokel

Yokel LE

Sorry for posting a trivial question.

I seem to frequently have red patches on my face, frequently they are sore, particularly after shaving. The areas of redness are either side of my nose, and above my mouth. It is quite irritating. I have had dry skin in the past. The pharmicist suggested using an aqueous cream to cool the area, moisturise the skin and calm it down.

Anyone with experience of this? Should I consider paying the doctor a visit? Will it clear up easily/fast - or will I need to put a paper bag over my head?

Thanks

2. CQMS

CQMS LE

Whenever I have a medical problem I always find that the doctor is much better than some random individual on t'interweb.

3. spaz

spaz LE

Sorry to break it to you Yokel but it sounds very much like brain cancer to me.

Failing that you could just be ginger?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner LE

Did he slip you his phone number at the same time?

Yes. I am also devastatingly attractive to homosexuals. Sounds like you have razor burn or, possibly, bubonic plague. Just dab it with some Old Spice and it should clear up in no time. Failing that, fill in a request form and grow a full set.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt

Great input, you being a medical 'professional' too, damn I hope I don't work with people like you in my job, amateur tosser.

It's kind of a serious thread, if you can't help, shut the **** up, tit.

6. BarkingSpider

BarkingSpider LE

Get some TCP and a wire brush on it, you big Jesse.

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt

That medical help is outstanding

8. spaz

spaz LE

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

could be rosacea (sp?) - my missus gets it, sometime set off by stress.

Doctor is probably the best bet though.

S_R

10. Vastatio

Vastatio LE

Semen allergy?

11. chocolate_frog

chocolate_frog

It could be brain cancer but it sounds more like 'Bad AIDS'.

Take some TCP and wire wool to the affected areas and scrub until clean. After which apply a topical placebo until you feel better.

I reckon that's what a qualified GP would tell you to do anyway, who needs 5 years at Doctor School and an actual examination of what ailes you when 'Doctor t'interweb' is at hand?

12. I get short of breath and red, raised patches over my neck, chest and shoulders from time to time, the obvious link is alcohol but it only happens with vodka and cranberry juice (roughly a litre of) or multiple bottles of red wine, any ideas?

13. Vastatio

Vastatio LE

Late-onset birthmark?

14. Use vitamin e oil. You can shave with it to help prevent the irritation and also use a small bit to help soothe and clear up the red patches. I wouldn't put aqueous cream on my face.

15. Vastatio

Vastatio LE

Snigger.......